March 9, 2009

Life Doesn't Care About Your Plans

Seriously. It doesn't. You can ask anyone!

Around my birthday, I usually do a life assessment. I think everyone does that. Maybe not specifically around their birthday, but everyone does it.

Sometimes things go the way you think they would, and other times they don't.

I am freshly 26 years old. I'm now on the back end of my 20's. Whoopiedodaday. Trust me, I don't think of myself as old or anything along those lines. Not. Even. Close. Plus, if I said I felt old Master would kick my tail.

And hopefully no one is getting the wrong idea from the post title. I'm not depressed or hating my life or anything else. I'm just surprised by some of the things that I thought were going to happen versus what has actually happened.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but when I was growing up I had plans for how my life would turn out. I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do career wise, I just figured that by certain ages, certain things would have occurred. Some of them happened and some of them didn't.

Well I never thought that I would deal with an abusive asshole for as long as I did. Young and stupid. Oh the joy. Of course I am speaking about my ex, may he rot in various levels of hell. So yeah, that wasn't in the plans.

Then my Master came into the picture. I wasn't looking, but there He was. My caveman in shining loincloth. I had never put a lot of thought into marriage until I met Him. Granted I met Him when I was 20, but I wasn't one of those girls who sat in her room imaging what her wedding day was going to be like. But once I met Him I could think of nothing else, I wanted to be His wife. I wanted to have His last name and I never wanted to part from Him. Again not in the plans, but a wonderful surprise that I am eternally grateful for.

He is the one that convinced me to learn more about computers. And it is a damn good thing He did. If He hadn't I would never have gotten the job that I recently left, which was a stepping stone to the job I am starting in two weeks.

I thought, before I got the job I am starting soon, that I was doomed to a life of customer service. Customer service isn't a bad thing, not at all. But I didn't want to do it until I retired, ya know? I take certain things a bit to personally. So when people are sitting there yelling at you, simply because they are pissed off, yeah I didn't take that so well.

And gods people can be fucking assholes. The customer is always right my fucking tail. One thing my last job taught me was that a lot of people do not want to take responcibility for their own fuck ups and want the service that they are using to fix everything and take the hit. Um, fuck you very much.

But all of my job history was nothing but customer service. I had been doing customer service based work since before I was 18. So I figured I would never be able to break away from it, because companies seem to always want you to have experience in the field you are trying to break into. Well, how are you supposed to gain experience if you are never given a shot?

Thankfully my new job let me have that chance to prove myself. Again not in the plans exactly, but another wonderful surprise. Something I would have never accomplished if it wasn't for my Husband. He is the most supportive person in my life, and without Him I wouldn't have become the person that I am today. I wouldn't be a "go getter". He has taught me so much, and pushed me when I didn't think I could do something. Thank you my love, my mate, my Husband.

If it wasn't for Him pushing me and having faith in me, I probably would have stayed in the customer service field and been slowly chipped away at by the fact that I just wanted out of it.

I didn't think we would be down to one car and still living in an apartment at this point. I thought we would have a place that was ours by now, for some reason. But life tosses things at you and you have to deal with them the best you can. Okay yeah, so we're down to one car. We'll fix that eventually. And yeah, we're still in an apartment. But ya know what? At least we still have a roof over our heads. One day we'll have a place to call our own. It'll come in time.

And life will continue to surprise me, and maybe not always in a good way. But as with everything else we've experienced, we will find a way to make things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment