March 3, 2009

Quickie

Just a quick update.

Once I get to work this morning, since I'll be there so early, I'm going to give that job prospect a call and hopefully they'll like me enough to invite me to a job interview.

Master had to get up earlier than usual this morning to go to work, so He just called me. He said He was just going to leave a voice mail message on my cell, but I had answered so I got to talk to Him for a few minutes.

He wished me luck on the phone call. I told Him I was excited and nervous and He tried to keep my feet grounded. He said this would be great if I could find a new job so quickly, but that I have to be realistic. That isn't an exact quote, but it's the gist of it. He basically said that we'll take things as they come. He's such a great Husband. And He's all mine! *insert evil laugh here*

He also told me to call Him on His cell once I get off the phone with the job prospect to let Him know how it went. So I'll be doing that as soon as I hang up with the job prospect.

I'm both excited and nervous even though it is just a call back from an initial call right now. But I mean, they called me the day after I put in my resume, so there must be an interest there right? Yeah. Hopefully the pay scale will be enough that if they do offer me the job I can just say yes without having to worry if it is enough for the bills.

I'm so nervous I'm pacing. I haven't had to do a job interview in over a year. Master was coaching me last night about what to say, what not to say, etc and so on. He wants me out of my current job as well. He doesn't like the way certain things are going down there. Especially with all the lay offs that are happening at that company. I kind of feel like a rat trying to leave a sinking ship. :-|

So here goes nothing. If this one doesn't work out, then I'll just keep cranking out resumes and applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment