March 8, 2009

Good Sunday

Today was a good day. :-)

Master and I switched the clocks last night. We then went to bed, and because it had been raining most of the day, we were sleepy. So we just curled up and fell asleep rather quickly.

This morning Master woke me up before the alarms went off by flipping me onto my stomach and using me for His pleasure. That's much more pleasurable than an alarm clock going off. ;-)

From there we got ready for our day and headed out. While Master put gas in the car and grabbed a few things inside the gas station I checked the car's fluids and put antifreeze in it. It's amazing how many guys stare at me when I do that. *laughs* They see me walking up to the front of the car and opening the hood, and it is almost as if they expect Master to walk up behind me, say thank you, and then take over. But no. There I am checking the oil levels and refilling whatever needs to be topped off. You would think I was an alien life form the way they gawk and stare. It's hilarious.

So anyways from there we went down to my mother's and had a good time. We dropped off her husband's birthday present, talked for a while, and then headed home.

Once we were home Master and I watched movies and TV shows. It looks like we are going to have to send in His XBOX 360 Elite for repairs. It won't recognize that there is a disc in the tray, and we've already done all the troubleshooting steps that they had on the website. I'm thinking about calling tomorrow anyways, to their tech support line and see if there is something we can do there, so that Master won't have to be without the XBOX for two weeks.

After my bath, my father called me. I was honestly surprised how long we ended up talking. He wished me a belated birthday and said that he hadn't called because he was working nights, and knew I was working during the day, and he didn't want to bother me at work. So I thanked him and told him the good news about my new job. He said he's proud of me and wishes me luck. My dad is not a big talker, so when we ended up being on the phone for more than a half hour I was surprised, but not in a bad way. He also was more sentimental than usual. He asked me if I wrote my own resume and I said that yes I had. So he said I must have done a damn good job on it since I had gotten the job so quickly. I then offered to write up a resume for him if he would like, because I know he doesn't like his current job. He said he would think about it.

The relationship I have with my father is somewhat odd. We act more like buddies than we do father and daughter. But then there are times like tonight where it is less buddies, and more father and daughter. It always throws me for a loop. It's not a bad thing, it's just not something that I am used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment