March 30, 2009

Simple Solution

Work went pretty well today. The day actually went by rather quickly, even though the work load was a bit slow. Not that I was complaining mind you.

I am doing more on my own now. The trainer is basically only coming over to my desk four times a day to double check my work. Other than that I'm on my own. She gave me her extension in case I have a question about something. So it seems that I'm doing well and I already feel pretty comfortable there. I know that more responsibilities will be added as time goes on, but I don't think I'll have any problems with any of it.

After work Master took us home. He hopped in the shower and sent me off on errands. I dropped off the rent check. Seriously, it feels like we just paid the damn rent. :-|

From there I went to the store and picked up some hand lotion and a small kleenex box for my desk at work. I also picked up some things we needed around the apartment.

When I got home, however, the internet was not working. It kept saying, "Address not found."

Well, that's not good.

So we unplug the modem, wait 30 seconds, and then let it recycle. When that didn't work I called the support line. Two hours on the phone, and what fixes the problem? I'll give it to you in steps, because seriously... it was so fucking simple.

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Unplug the router.

3. Unplug the modem.

4. Wait 30 seconds.

5. Plug the modem in.

6. Plug the router in once the modem recycles.

7. Turn the computer back on.

8. Obtain internet access immediatley.

Why the tech guy didn't have me try that two hours before? I have no idea. Then again I was transferred four times. So maybe that had something to do with it. One of the reps kept pushing for me to have someone come out and look at it. Um, yeah. I am addicted to the internet. I want it fixed now. So transfer. Talk to one tier of support, can't figure it out, get another tier of support.. well you get the picture. Eventually I get someone who tells me to do the above steps and what do you know?! It works!

The Internet Gods are pleased with the modem and router once more. Picky bastards that they are. Apparently they wanted us to unplug everything and redo it. Sometimes the Internet Gods like you to do things a trained monkey can do, just to amuse them. I say if they should hand out old fashioned jester hats when they want this to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment