March 23, 2009

First Day At New Job

Today was my first day at my new job.

Our friend B picked me up about 20 minutes early. It's a good thing I was ready to head out the door. I said goodbye to Master and He wished me luck. B got me there about a half hour early, so we just sat in his truck and I finished a cigarette. Master called me on my cell to again wish me luck and tell me He was proud of me.

I still went in about 15 minutes early. I'm one of those people that likes to be at work a little early so I have time to get settled without having to rush to punch in and then get everything settled, ya know? So I go in and I get my orientation, and filled out the new hire paperwork. From there I went down to see a different HR rep and she went over my benefits.

I had my picture taken for security purposes and then was shown to my desk. An IT rep came over and gave me my passwords and showed up how to set things up.

Then I met my supervisor. He went over his expectations, showed me a few more things on the computer, went over the scheduling options and gave me a tour of both buildings. We wrapped that up around 3:30pm and then a training rep took me back to my desk and showed me how to use the system (basically we just brushed on it) until it was time for me to leave at 4:30pm.

It was really weird getting out of work so early in the day, but it was also really nice. Master was there to pick me up. I had a bad headache, I'm assuming due to the weather. It was raining on and off most of the day. So I took a Tylenol on the way home. We stopped off and picked up some things before heading home.

While Master took His shower I took care of the dog and our finances. Then once He was done I put in a pizza and we had dinner. Now Master is reading a book and I'm just sitting here doing a post.

I'm cranky, and I don't mean to be. The headache is just now starting to leave.

I had a good first day, although I honestly didn't learn much in regards to the actual applications that I'll be using, but that's because of everything else that was crammed in to today. I'm trying to decide which schedule to take. They gave me options. I was shocked. I thought I would just be assigned a schedule and that would be that (like at all of my previous jobs). But nope, I have a selection. There is one where I could get out early one day every other week, but that wouldn't do me any good because Master would be working and I would basically just be sitting down town until He got out of work. I even have a choice in what lunch time I want. This is so cool.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll start learning a bit more about the actual applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment