March 6, 2009

And Now It Is Time For The Happy Dance

*happy dances all around*

Oh yes, it is time for the happy dance.

Yesterday after the job interview, and knowing that the recruiter had other interviews later that day, I was nervous. She had told me that she would have an answer for me by that afternoon, or tomorrow morning (meaning today).

And I think I mentioned that I thought I may have screwed myself on the math test. So last night, after it hit about 5:30pm and I had not received a call I was a little disappointed but I was trying to stay optimistic. I mean seriously, I had just had the interview that morning and she probably got very busy, had to go over the applicants, etc and so on.

This morning I got up when Master did so that I could take Him to work. My thought was that if I did get a call this morning, they may need me to come in and fill out paperwork or something along those lines, so Master allowed me to have the car for the day.

After dropping Master off I thought about trying to go back to sleep, but I was to nervous. I was more nervous that if she did call, I wouldn't hear the phone and then we would end up playing phone tag. So I stayed awake.

Well she did call! The minute I saw the number on the caller ID I was like, "Yay!". I took a deep breath and answered the phone. She offered me the job!!!! She told me what the pay rate would be, the benefits they have available, etc. She then asked if I would be interested and I said yes! So guess what? Kitten has a new job! *dances* I thanked her and asked her when she would like me to start.

She wants me to start in two weeks. So in two weeks I'll be in a new job learning new things and have a huge grin on my face. As soon as I got off the phone I jumped up and down in the living room, laughing. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy as hell, but I'm okay with that.

I called Master and He said He was very proud of me. He couldn't talk long because He is at His job, but He said we may have lunch together again today. I called my mom, and she said yay with me. Then I called our friend B and told him the good news.

I'm so excited that I'm literally shaking. I told Master this when I was on the phone with Him and He said that it may be related to my blood sugar, and so ordered me to eat something. So I did, before I started this post. Still a little shaky but I'm chalking that up to being excited and happy.

The pay isn't as much as what I'm making now, but I'm okay with that. It's in the ballpark. Plus the hours are going to be so much better, and I'll have weekends off! Holy shit. Two days off in a row! Can you believe it?! I haven't had that in over a year unless I purposefully scheduled it that way by taking a day off, or there was a holiday where we were actually closed for once.

I can't believe this. This was literally the first job I applied for when I started looking. I had the interview the same week that I applied, and now I've got the job. It's insane. And I am very grateful to the powers that be for this. With the way the economy is, I knew that looking for a job right now was going to be a shot in the dark. But this is amazing and I am so happy right now.

The only difficulty we're going to have is trying to figure out the new budget and when we pay bills. But it won't take long. As soon as I know my pay period we'll be fine. We may have to cut back on spending for a little while until we get used to the new pay schedule and pay rate, but that's okay. We'll be fine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment