November 30, 2011

Ring Shopping

Well obviously it's not an engagement ring, seeing as we're already married and all. But remember in one of my previous posts I mentioned ring shopping to help wean me off my cuff and collar?

Well today I started looking into it a bit more. Come to find out that I should not get a ring with a pearl in it. I was reading up on them and apparently the pearl is easily damaged and there is quite a bit you have to do to keep it safe. So that option doesn't work out because I want to be able to wear it all the time. Obviously, if the pearl is easily damaged, that isn't going to work. So I decided I would look more into the Alexandrite rings.

Now maybe I just have sticker shock easily or something, but I called around to a few local jewelry store to try and start pricing them. The cheapest one I found locally was over $400. I realize that isn't a lot when you're talking about quality jewelry, I understand that.But damn. I spent that on both of our wedding rings. Both.

So that's a bit high to me. However, if I do end up going locally cause I can't find one online that is cheaper and of the same quality, I can at least put it on a layaway payment plan. That may be better than trying to afford the ring all at one time.

2 comments:

  1. Something that might work for you is looking on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/category/jewelry/ring

    I got our wedding rings from a jeweler on there who goes by Romas Banaitas, and they're a really cool dark grey titanium with coloring on the inside

    ReplyDelete