November 16, 2011

Shiny!!!!

Okay, so that gadget I was telling you about? Well.. kind, sorta but not really told you about. Anyway...

I'm on my mother's cell phone plan because it's just cheaper for everyone involved. So anyway, about six months ago my mom needed a new cell phone. It was time for my phone upgrade so I let her use my upgrade in the agreement that when her's came up I could use it. Well at the time I didn't realize how far away that was; but even if I had I would have let her use it. I love my mom and she needed it and I didn't at the time. No big deal.

Well about three months after that my cell phone decided it was going to start shutting itself off at random. Figures. I "flashed" the battery a few times but it kept happening. So at about that time I went into the cell phone store and they said I couldn't renew until November but they could send my phone out for repairs at the half the cost of the phone. Fuck that noise. I wasn't going to pay to fix a phone I would only have for three more months.

Well I realized yesterday that I could finally upgrade my phone! Yay! Well, I had received my holiday bonus from my job (they hand it out early so people can buy Christmas presents and what not) and we hadn't been counting on that money. I knew that the phone I wanted wasn't exactly on the cheap side and I already have money counted for presents and what not and we're find on that. So I was hemming and hawing over whether or not I should use this "free money" to get myself a phone upgrade.

I talked to Master about it and He gave me the same argument my mother had. They both know this about me and it drives both of them absolutely bonkers. The argument they had with me regarding this is that I almost never spend money on myself unless it's for stuff I need. So they were both "pushing" me to do this. But this is tech after all and honestly it doesn't take much to make me drool over a new gadget. So I decided that I would go ahead and do it.

My mother had to be there so that I could go ahead and use her upgrade for my phone. So I drove down to my home town as soon as I got home from work and went ahead and did the change over. My new cell is a lot different from my old one but so far I'm loving it. I've been playing with it since I got home. It's awesome! I also got it a nice little holster thing so that it keeps the phone safer than it would be on it's own. I can't stand having a cell phone without a holster. It makes me worry that it'll scratch up against something in my purse or something stupid like that.

But Master had me stop playing with the phone so that I could do my blog post, eat dinner and take my bath.

So yeah, I know damn well both Master and my mom are glad I went ahead and treated myself. My mom even said, "You deserve this," when I headed out. I thought that was really sweet of her.

5 comments:

  1. I don't often get myself stuff if it costs me money either :)

    Btw, I gave you an award. Just wanted to make sure you seen it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, she got that award a couple of times I think. And GOOD FOR YOU you deserve it, the cell phone but you deserve the award too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smartphone? Do tell! I love me some gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, I'm tech savy and all that but I don't really need a smart phone. And I don't want to pay for a data plan. I got the Samsung Character. It's a touch phone but it still has a slide out QWERTY keyboard. I love it. :-D

    ReplyDelete