November 2, 2011

Memories

For some reason today, while I was reading other blogs, I remembered when I would put a little "icon" or "avatar" in the left hand corner of each blog post. People used to do that all the time. You know what I'm talking about right?

Those little square pictures of something, sometimes with text, that bloggers tried to match to the blog post topic.

Or am I the only one who remembers that? I miss doing that sometimes. I used to have a huge collection of "avatars" on my computer so that when I did a blog post I could scroll through them and pick one that I felt matched the blog post. It was crazy. I miss that. But I don't know if it would be corny now or not. I don't know why I worry about whether or not it would be corny now. I never worried about it before. I don't know if I'll do it again or not. Right now it sounds like an awesome idea! What do you guys think?

I started blogging in 2007, shortly after Master and I got married. In fact my first blog post ever was on March 28th, 2007. (I had to dig deep on my previous blog host to look into that.) I know that my archives on the sidebar only go to 2009. When I moved my blog from Wordpress to Blogger the file was too large when I tried to include everything. So I had to drop two years off.

Wow, I've been blogging for almost five years already. Holy hell.

But I was writing under Master's orders long before then. It started in late 2003. When I had to go away for a week when we first started dating Master wanted me to keep a slave journal. Once I returned after that week Master read through what I had written and decided He wanted me to continue doing it, and I've been doing it ever since. I started with notebooks and then eventually started buying actual diaries/journals from Barnes & Noble.

Even when I did start blogging, Master had me continue the hand written journals for a little while. But eventually He decided rather than having me do the hand written journals, He would just require a daily blog post. And here we are.

The funny thing is that this blog has always had the same name/title. I first started on Blogger actually. And then eventually someone (I don't remember who) said I should move over to Wordpress. I was there for quite a while and then they started putting way too many restrictions on what I could or couldn't do with my blog. Plus I had to pay in order to use custom CSS. Eventually I said fuck it and moved back to Blogger, obviously. I'm glad I moved back here though. I can tweak my blog whenever I want and don't get charged a damn thing. Now I'm not saying that everyone who blogs should move to Blogger, so please don't take it that way. It's just what I prefer.

I still have all my hand written slave journals. Every. Single. One. All those memories wrapped into either written word or my blog. And I can go back in time by flipping a page or clicking the mouse. It's weird. Although Master and I have talked about getting rid of those written journals eventually. Less clutter and all that. Master and I haven't read those in years anyway. But yet they remain in the closet. I don't know how I'll react when we finally do toss them.

2 comments:

  1. I love the avatars! I think they are very creative and not in the least bit corny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I may dig through and see if I can find some for blog posts. I miss doing them.

    ReplyDelete