November 15, 2011

Love & Slavery

Well, today my mind is in one of those states where I'm fixated on a particular something that doesn't even really mean anything. I'll go into it tomorrow. Tonight though I need to do a more thought provoking post. My brain is numb from work and I need to kick start it. So, as I sometimes do when I can't think of a post, I wandered on over to Submissive Journal Prompts to look for a topic. The one I decided on I think I've babbled on about before, but it caught my eye.

Is love a part of your dynamic? Can love coexist in a Master/slave relationship?

It most certainly is a part of our dynamic. If I didn't love Him I wouldn't trust Him to do everything He does. This includes telling me what to do, controlling me, physically dominate me, etc. Basically any portion of our marriage that may even remotely be a part of the dynamic itself I couldn't handle if I didn't love Him.

Hell, I wouldn't have even agreed to this lifestyle if we didn't love each other. It's not a one way street to me. It's not something where I could love Him but He doesn't have to love me back for this to work type thing. No way in hell. It has to be both of us loving one another.

Now the kinky sex thing from the very beginning of our relationship, that to me wasn't connected to the whole love aspect. I mean, I did love Him back then, but it's not really what concerns me in this lifestyle. It's the absolute utter trust that, in my eyes, has to exist for our dynamic to not only work but to be healthy as well.

I do want to put a disclaimer on this post though. This is what works for me. It's not how I think all dynamics should work. So put the pitch forks down. *smirks*

This is my first and only relationship that has the Master/slave dynamic. I have no idea how it would work without loving one another. I know there are couples that do, or they just hook up to play.. whatever. It doesn't matter to me as long as they are doing what they want to do and aren't hurting one else. It's all good.

But I can't picture it in my mind. You can bet your bottom dollar that if Master and I for whatever fucked up reason fell out of love with one another the dynamic would have crumbled long before such was admitted. I cannot and will not submit to someone that I don't love. And by love I mean the romantic love; not just "Hey I love you dude!" type friend stuff.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know how to disconnect one from the other.

2 comments: