November 7, 2011

Home Again

Well I'm home again. I left here yesterday at about 9:30am and headed on down. My mother and her husband were still packing some things. She told me the schedule for the animals and handed me the house key before they rushed out the door. They were gone for about 10 minutes before the came back into the driveway. Her husband hopped out of the car and came in to grab his jacket. I kind of chuckled at that. They remembered everything else but his jacket. In Wisconsin. Although I can understand why. They had a three hour drive ahead of them and they both knew that this was not going to go very well. She called me a few times to check in and see how things were going. When we were talking she sounded extremely upset and it wasn't just because of his mother passing away. Apparently his family had the "family meeting" Saturday, without them. They basically told my mother and her husband that they had "made the decisions for them". Lovely isn't it?

There are 14 children, a husband and some step children to divide everything between, so trust me it's getting ugly.

While they were gone I tried to busy myself. It felt really weird being at their house without them, let alone at night. I'm used to my apartment not a whole house. I haven't lived in a house since I was 17 years old. It's not a large house or anything but it still felt big. I'm sure it was due in part to the fact that I felt weird being there.

I of course missed Master and our animals. But like I said I busied myself. My brother came down for a while and we hung out, watched TV and talked; which was nice. But other than that I basically dicked around online off and on and watched TV. That was another weird thing, having access to cable. Master and I only have Netflix and whatever movies we own. Well, and of course the internet.

As the night progressed Master and I met online to chat for a while. It reminded me of the first two years of our relationship. We lived 45 minutes away and chatting online was a lot cheaper than phone calls; so we would meet up at a set time and just type away to one another for a few hours. That's exactly what we did last night. It was even more surreal since I was in my hometown again.

Eventually Master and I logged off and I went back to watching TV for a while. I knew I would have trouble falling asleep so I went to bed around midnight and basically laid down and forced myself to continue to lay there until I finally passed out.

I was supposed to stay there until my mother got back home. But since my brother knew that I have to work tomorrow and would like some down time at home before kicking off the work week, he came over and hung out with me for a while before telling me he would stay until she got back. That was really sweet of him.

My mother let me grab some things from her place (she's a massive coupon shopper and stocks up on damn near everything) and then I headed home.

Once I got home I brought everything in and Master put it away for me. It doesn't feel like a Monday at all. Then again I guess today is kind of like my Sunday, as weird as that sounds.

So for the work week I have the next three full days of work, then I have a half day on Friday and then I have to work on Saturday. This is going to be a messed up week. I would stay the whole day on Friday but I have a doctor appointment that I can't miss. If I miss it I can't refill my prescriptions.

I guess what I'll have to do is try and clock in as early as possible (depending on when the carpool driver gets me to work) and then cut my lunches as short as possible. That way I won't have to make up a full eight hours on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment