November 19, 2011

What The Hell

I need to stop sleeping like this. I really, really do. It's actually starting to piss me off. Thursday night Master and I were having a good time just relaxing and watching TV. Well, later into the night I ended up feeling very ill. Master ended up giving me permission to use the bathroom when I needed to. Not to be utterly disgusting, but I'm glad He did. I was up and down about every 20 minutes until about 2am at which point I was finally able to fall asleep. Friday morning rolls around and my alarm wakes me. I had turned off my cell phone during the night and when I booted it up it told me that I had a text message from 3am. It was the driver of the carpool I'm in to get to and from work. It said something along the lines of: "I may go to work tomorrow, I'm still trying to figure out things with my grandfather." It then went on to say that she would let us know. (There is one other person in the carpool besides me.)

So rather than having a slow but sure wake up process, I was fully up and waiting for an update text. I get ready for work and I take the dog out. I wait a while and then send the driver a text. She doesn't respond. So I call the other person in our carpool to see if he had heard anything. He said no but was sure that she would let us know whether or not she was going. I told him that I didn't want to wait until like 7:20am to leave if she couldn't take us because we'd be late to work.

Well, while I'm on the phone with him the driver calls. So I click over. Apparently her grandfather had a stroke Thursday night and she had fallen asleep around 6am, forgetting to update us. She said she couldn't make it. I fully understood that. Family emergencies take a lot of you and it's family.. not much else needs to be said.

So I wake up Master just enough to tell Him that I have to take the car to work. I then go pick up the guy in the carpool, I put some gas in the car and we headed out to work. I'm actually amazed that we still made it to work on time.

The work day itself was slow as hell. Finally it's time to clock out. I drop the guy off and then come home. We ate dinner and relaxed for a while. Around 10pm I start to feel the lack of sleep hitting me. I ask Master if I can take a nap. He said yes and that He would wake me up around 11:45pm. Okay cool.

Well, I have this vauge memory of Him trying to wake me up. But I don't remember what all was said, what time it was, or anything. It's kind of foggy. All I do know is that I didn't wake up until 8:30am this morning.

That's just fucking ridiculous. I know that I shut down like that because I had been sick and had not gotten a lot of sleep but seriously?! I wanted more time with Master last night, but my body decided to shut down on me. This happened last weekend too. I'm bound and determined to stay up tonight!

I know that Master isn't mad at me. I know He wants me to be healthy and figures that if I shut down like that it's because I need to. And I understand that, but it's frustrating for me. I normally don't shut down for that long. I mean when I'm asleep I'm pretty much dead to the world but this is taking it to the next level.

Hopefully my body has it all out of it's system now and will allow me to enjoy the rest of my weekend, while being awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment