November 11, 2011

Speaking Of Mental...

After I got out of work today I was able to come home and relax for about an hour before I had to head out the door. I had to go see Dr. L, my shrink. Normally Dr. L is right on time for having me come back to his office for my appointment; but today he was about 20 minutes late. I didn't gripe. I didn't go up to the counter and start bitching. Shit happens. I know I'm not his only patient, so I just sat there watching TV. When he did come out and have me follow him back he apologized for keeping me waiting. I smiled and told him that it wasn't a big deal at all.

I really like Dr. L. He's really nice and actually calls me by my nickname rather than my first name. Why? Well when I first starting seeing him he asked what I prefer to be called, so I told him. After that he's always called me by my nickname. (It has nothing to do with my blog or our lifestyle. It's something friends and some family have been calling me since I was a preteen.)

So we get back into his office and of course he starts asking me how I've been doing, have my stress levels changed, etc. I told him that my stress levels are about the same but I'm doing okay. I told him that since he put me on this second medication I've felt great. I haven't been spinning or cycling. I may get a touch moody but that's about it. And let me tell you, that's worlds apart from when I first walked through those doors.

So he made sure that I wasn't suffering any weird or concerning side effects. Amazingly enough I haven't had any side effects aside from waking up with cotton mouth every now and then. No big deal at all. He had given me a savings card for my second medication. Since it's an extended release formula it's pretty damn pricy, even with my insurance. The savings card he had given me saves me another $45 a month. Hell yeah I'm taking that!

The only sucky thing is that the savings car expires at the end of this year, which is obviously fast approaching. So he took a look but he didn't have any new cards. He told me to call back about mid December to see if they had any new ones in and he would let me have one.

Dr. L fucking rocks. He is one of those rare doctors that actually care and aren't in it just for the money. He wants to help me in any way he can. I think that's why I am so relaxed around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment