November 10, 2011

Mentally Draining

Today was one of those days that just seems to suck every thought out of your head. For most of the week my work days have been flying by, no problem. Today? Oh no. Today had to be different. I was bored yet busy all at the same time. How's that for fucked up? It seems it was that kind of day for everyone in the carpool. One of them said that a lot of people think office work is easy. It's no big deal at all. But honestly, it can be draining. Sometimes, depending on what I have to do that day it can affect me physically. But for the most part it's all mental. My mind has to bounce between so many things (maybe being bi-polar helps with that...) that at the end of the day I'm just wiped.

Most work days I'm fine. I may be a little tired but that's about it. Today though, today kicked my mental ass. I was swamped and yet I felt bored as hell. Then again when I woke up I didn't really have a lot of ambition and it stayed that way through out the day. That probably has a lot to do with it. When you don't feel like doing anything at all, yet you have to do a lot and you know damn well you have to force yourself to do it, it makes you burn out a lot quicker.

Today was one of those days. I have four hours of work tomorrow, then a doctor appointment and after that nothing really for most of the days unless we feel like getting some errands knocked out. I do have to go to work on Saturday though to make up the time I missed on Monday. Thankfully it's only five hours that I have to make up, thanks to me clocking in early and taking extremely short lunches. 

So yeah, that's my day. How's yours? 

2 comments: