November 26, 2011

30 Days of Truth - Day 5

Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.

I hope to own our own home. I don't want to rent forever. I really, really do not. One of my main goals in my adult life is to buy a condo or a townhouse. I know most people say that they want to own a house. I really don't. It's way too much upkeep. That's what condo association dues are for.... yard work and all that shit. I hated that stuff as a kid and I know that as we get older the winters are going to play more and more hell on our joints. Master and I both have chronic pain so it's going to be more painful as we get older, so I'd rather pay someone to do that. Basically, it just seems more convenient to me and makes more sense to me to buy a condo rather than an entire house.

I want a condo with two bedrooms and at least one and a half bath. Three bedrooms would be ideal, just for extra space and in case people want to crash here; but I have a feeling that probably won't happen. But if I'm going to own a home then I'm going to love the damn place. When I'm renting that's one thing. I look at it as temporary since we are renting. Paying a mortgage payment, to me, makes it a more serious choice to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment