November 27, 2011

Milestones and Changes

Well, after speaking with Master more and more about this subject we have both agreed that once my work anniversary date goes by, which is in March, that I will be looking for a new job. We have decided that it would be best to wait until my work anniversary because then all of my personal and vacation time gets renewed and I'll be able to take off work for an interview if I have to without taking a hit on the paycheck. Also, this gives me time to start slowly but surely building up my professional work attire. My current job, while it is professional white collar office work has an extremely relaxed dress code. Extremely relaxed as in we can wear jeans and t-shirts. I know that probably doesn't make a long of sense but no one ever comes into our office. It's just employees.

However, because of the deadline soon approaching of my starting to look for new work Master and I had to talk about something else last night, which we have discussed in the past.

I know I have posted about it in the past, but I forget how long ago the post was done. So, I'll just go into it all again.

Master and I both agreed that for me to go where I want to go with a career it would be a better idea for me not to wear my collar and cuff to work. This sucks, but I know it's the right choice. We both agreed on this and feel that it is the best route to take.

We had previously talked about getting me a matching necklace and bracelet set. That way it would be similar to having a collar and cuff on. However, while we were talking about it again last night I thought that a ring would be better. Why a ring?

Well, the only times I take my wedding ring off is when I am washing the dishes (the thought of it going down the drain scares the hell out of me) or if I need to take it off to put lotion on my hands and the lotion has to get under the ring as well. Other than that, the ring is on. Master also wears His wedding ring at all times as well as the ring I gave Him shortly after I proposed to Him.

Rings, to me, are just things that never come off. I haven't worn rings for the sake of wearing a ring since I was a teenager. I'm not a girl who is big on jewelry, so if I don't wear it all the time I just kind of don't understand why I should have it.

With a necklace and bracelet, just to make sure they don't break, I would need to take them on and off, on and off. That's not the point of something to "replace" my collar and cuff. My collar and cuff never come off, so I want to wear something that I won't have to take off.

Master agreed that the ring made a lot more sense. He has a necklace of one of my birthstones. I say one of, because there are different birthstones for one month. For instance, my birthday is in March. My birthstones are Aquamarine and Bloodstone. Master has the blood stone pendant on His necklace.

Master was born in June, which has three different birthstones. They are Pearl, Moonstone and Alexandrite.

I would personally prefer having a ring that has a Pearl or a Moonstone. I did some searching last night and I don't have a lot of money to spend on it. After all our wedding rings weren't expensive either; not for a wedding set anyway. However, I came across this beautiful ring that has a Black Pearl in it. Oh. My. Gods.

It's gorgeous. And while it is His birthstone, it's a different take on it. It's not just a white pearl sitting there. It has more character in my opinion.

I showed the ring to Master as well and He loved it. It does have some small diamonds in it. I don't really care for diamonds but as long as they are only accent pieces I think they can look very pretty. I don't like yellow gold either, so that's another thing I have to get past. I may not get the exact ring I was looking at last night. But I'm going to try and find it again tonight and bookmark the page.

Master feels that the sooner I get it, the easier it will be to wean me off the collar and cuff. Like maybe I'll put the ring on and wear both my collar and cuff for a while. Then take the cuff off and wear just the ring and collar, and eventually drop the collar as well.

Master states that we'll just semi-retire them so that if I need them (like if I'm having a really rough day and I'm home) or He wants me to wear them out we can just throw them on and be good to go.

The other thing that it's doing to stand for, and the logical reason we'll tell other people regarding it, is that it'll be an anniversary ring. In March we'll be hitting five years of marriage and nine years together. A lot of people find the five year mark of marriage is a big deal. So the ring would make perfect sense. It also helps that it's His birthstone.

So there we go. Milestones and changes.. all good things.

2 comments:

  1. I like that he thought of putting it on you if you are having a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did too. :-) I thought it was really sweet of Him to think of that ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete