May 5, 2009

Tuesday Blues

Today dragged. Badly. It feels like it should be Thursday already, and yet it is only Tuesday. And so I have a touch of the Tuesday Blues. (I know that's normally Monday Blues, but whatever.)

Last night around 11pm I had just gotten the dog back inside and put the bunnies to bed, when Master called again. He said that He had absolutely no idea when He was going to be home, but He wanted to say He loves me and to say goodnight. I love that about Him. He was stressed out, tired, and just wanted to come home.. but He called to say goodnight and to say that He loves me.

We always say "I love you," right before we go to sleep.

He told me to try and get some sleep. So after I got off the phone with Him I went to bed.

I didn't sleep very well. It was one of those sleeps where you are partially awake because you're anticipating something. It was a very restless sleep. I kept waking up, fully, thinking I heard His keys in the door. That was never the case however. And the dog kept barking, I'm assuming because he thought he heard Master coming through the door as well. We both missed Him a lot.

Plus, when you get so used to sleeping next to someone all the time, you don't sleep as well when they aren't there. I remember at one point I woke up because I had turned over and my arm had landed on His side of the bed, rather than Him. That startled me awake.

My alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, and still my Master was not home from work. I got up and got ready for my job, hoping that I'd see Him before B showed up to take me to work.

I got my wish. Master called a little before 7am to say He was almost home, finally. I was worried that B would call to say he was here, before Master walked in the door. But thankfully, that didn't happen.

Master walked in and I got a hug and a kiss from Him. I smiled the minute I saw Him walk in the door. I only got five minutes with Him before B did call, and I had to leave. But at least I got those five minutes.

Master had pulled a 19 hour day, so He went to bed shortly after I left.

And I think that is why today dragged. I just wanted to go home and be with my Husband. Before those five minutes this morning, I hadn't seen Him since 7am Monday morning. And even then, He was sleeping because He wasn't going to work until noon. That really messed with me.

But eventually 4:30pm rolled around and just as I walked to the corner outside my job, Master pulled up in the car. I hopped in and was so happy to see Him!

We talked the entire drive. Normally we'll talk for a little bit, and then eventually just enjoy the ride with one another and Master will turn on the CD player. But this time, we just wanted to catch up.

We went to the bank and opened up a savings account. We are officially saving up to move now. I am still not bringing it up (I'm not allowed to until June), just simply stating what Master had said once we opened it. He then told me that after the move, we'll use this savings account to save up to buy a car. This is honestly, the first time since we've been together that we've had a savings account. It feels good. We have goals, and we're moving toward them. It also feels good to know that we can set a little something aside.

Can I just say I love our bank? Love them! Very friendly people and perfect customer service.

So yes, we vent about His job and His crazy ass hours. But at least His has a job. At least we're both working, and able to set goals and move toward them, slowly but surely. And I know, once He feels it's time, we'll find Him a different job with more stable hours.

After we got home we ate dinner and watched a movie. We've been watching things we never would have picked out at the video store. Why? Because it doesn't matter. We're using Netflix. Which means that we're not wasting gas money, and we aren't worried about whether or not it's worth the rental fee. Now? We pay a flat fee per month, and we can pick out whatever they have available. And honestly, because of that, we're finding quite a few movies we enjoy that we would have missed out on otherwise. So yeah, there is my praise for Netflix. (That and getting DVDs delivered on top of being able to stream movies from their website to Master's XBOX 360. Rocking!)

Now, Master is playing a video game and told me to either go do my post (which I am, obviously) or take my bath. So now I'll have to go take my bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment