May 12, 2009

Long Tuesday

It seems I can't come up with original and/or witty titles lately. I don't know why. Forgive me.

Today Master got up and went to work. He got a phone call from one of His supervisors at 4:18pm, last night, telling Him to be at work by 7am this morning. So He did. He called me a little after 7am, before I had left for work, telling me He was the only one in the shop and all the truck and equipment were there. (He was supposed to be relieving another crew at a job site.)

So finally around 8am all the others show up and Master's all like "What the fuck?!" It turns out the job was canceled and everyone knew but Him. He asked why no one had called, cause they had called the guy who was supposed to go with Him, and you know what their retarded ass answer was?

"We don't have your number."

Let that soak in a minute.

They claim they don't have His phone number. First, you have to put that on a job application and normally have that on file for all of your employees. Second, one of the supervisors had just called Him yesterday afternoon. Also I've talked to a few of His coworkers on the house phone. On top of that one of the guys is His mother's boyfriend. The fuck they don't have His phone number.

So then an 8 hour day would have been done at 2:30pm. Master was there 10 1/2 hours, even though they aren't supposed to have any overtime.

So B had to come pick me up from work because Master had no idea what time He was getting out. You can read more about this at Master's blog.

My day at work? Well, I had some training today, and the rest was business as usual.

Once I got home, Master was already here. He sent me out to run an errand and when I got back we had dinner and watched a movie.

The last couple of days Master hasn't been in a very good mood, which is completely understandable considering what His job is pulling. So each night I've asked Him if I should beg and He has told me no. There was a time where I would have taken that as I did something wrong, or I would have freaked out because that's what I'm "supposed" to do.

But not since this last bout of "What are we doing here?".

Now, I know He is just stressed out due to work and He needs to decompress and just enjoy an evening with me. As far as what I am "supposed" to do... I'm supposed to make His life easier and follow His lead. So I am. I'm asking, so I don't get in trouble for not brining it up and then Him thinking I forgot about it. I opened my mouth and just flat out asked, which is all He's ever really wanted me to do. And when He said, "No not right now," I let it go and kissed Him. I'm happy and content knowing that I am doing what He wants, not what is supposed to happen.

Us? We're doing great. His job is kicking His tail. I'm just trying to be supportive and good company for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment