May 20, 2009

Master Stayed Home

Master wasn't feeling the greatest last night when we went to bed. I had a feeling He was going to stay home from work today. And I was right. I can't say that I blame Him.

This morning around 4am He woke me up just long enough to tell me that He had called into work and that He was staying home from work. I remember asking, "Will You please still pick me up from work?" and He cuddled up to me again after having me reset the alarms for the time I needed to get up and said, "Of course I'll pick up my baby."

Aww! I'm glad I remembered that, even through my half awake haze. It was so sweet.

Yes, I could have taken the car today but I didn't want to pay to park downtown and also it was to late to tell B to not bother picking me up. By late I mean I wasn't calling him at 4am and by the time it would be safe to call him he'd already be on his way here.

So I get up at 6:30am and start getting ready for work. The home phone started ringing. Master got it. Once He was off the phone He went back to bed. He told me that it was someone from His job, wondering where He was. Apparently the sick line did not pass along the message. *shakes head*

Then as I'm getting dressed His mother calls my cell phone. I let it go because I'm not about to be late for work just because she's nosy as hell.

She leaves a voice mail and I call her back once B had picked me up and we were on our way. She asked me why Master wasn't going to work. I told her that He had not been feeling well since we got home last night. No, He wasn't going to a doctor as there was no need. He was fine, He just needed rest and lots of it. So she starts her drama and says that she was worried cause He wasn't at work, blah blah, that there were a lot of things that were bothering her that morning. So I simply said, "He's fine. Don't worry. He'll be at work tomorrow, but I have to go because I'm going to work right now." I didn't want to hear her whine and stress me out. She thanked me for calling her back because she had been afraid that Master had been in an accident on the way to work or something. I told her that if He had been in an accident she would be the 2nd person to know. I, of course, being the first. She didn't seem to like that. Ya know, that I would be contacted first and all that. *shrugs*

This is one thing that I really hate about His job. Since He works with His mother's boyfriend she not only knows Master's every move at work, but she calls Master to find out her boyfriend's every move. I swear this is a dream come true for her. And if she can't get a hold of either of them, she calls me.

I flip back and forth about how I feel about her. I think she's nuts. But sometimes she can be nice, but usually when she's being nice she is buying us things. She's never been really nice as far as how she talks to us, or what she says. Material things are the nice things she does. The rest? Drama. It's like hush money so we'll listen to her bullshit.

But she is the only family Master has left, besides His daughter. So we play nice.

Me? I have more family than I know what to do with and only associate myself with my immediate family and two or three other relatives. Everyone else may as well not exist.

My extended family is mainly money hungry vultures waiting for other family members to die so they can swoop in and contest wills and take over because they have the money for the lawyers. Fuck them. And the ones that aren't money hungry? Well they consider us the black sheep of the family. Us being myself, my brother, and my mother. More so my brother and myself. Why? I honestly don't know.

For instance, my cousin is getting married next month. My mother is invited (it's her nephew) but I am not. My mom isn't planning on going because she's pissed that when I got married none of her family (father, sisters, nephews, nieces) showed up even though I invited them. But her father, sisters, etc are showing up for my cousin's wedding. Hell my maternal grandfather is driving up from Texas for this wedding. He didn't even send a card for mine. So yeah, not happy about that. But oh well, who cares. Fuck em.

Anyway, after work Master picked me up. He has to go to work really early tomorrow morning. My job was really busy today. I was swamped. But at least the day went by quickly.

Once we got home we at some dinner and Master is still just trying to relax before heading back to work tomorrow. I'm hoping it's a little slower at work tomorrow so I don't feel so rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment