January 19, 2009

This Is Weird

Last night Master and I stayed up a little late, just trying to get some extra time together before He had to leave. Eventually, when we went to bed, we decided to just lay there and cuddle for a while.

I nuzzled my head against His chest, with the top of my head tucked under His chin. He held me to Him by the back of my neck and I ran my hand up and down His shoulder. We nuzzled a little every now and again.

We said I love you and then curled up and went to sleep.

This morning we got up at 4am. That is way to fucking early. Well actually, I got up at 4am. Master had been up since 3:30am and had already made sure to pack His toothbrush and toothpaste along with His comb. I got dressed and we were a little mopey as we got ready to head out the door. We stopped at the gas station and Master got His favorite coffee. He drove on the way there. We talked a little bit but not very much during the ride.

Once we got to His job the coworker that is going with Him on this trip came outside and I got out of the passenger seat and helped Master get His suitcase out of the back of the car. Master gave me a big hug and a kiss, told me He loves me and that He's going to miss me.

I then started to get into the driver's side and said goodbye to Master and then to His coworker. On the ride home I didn't cry but it came close. Yes, I'm a whimp damnit. I'm going to miss Him. Hell I already do.

I tried to go back to sleep but basically just tossed and turned. Master called me at 7am (He took the cell phone with Him) to let me know that He had arrived safely. I really appreciated that.

I dozed on and off for a couple more hours and then finally crawled out of bed. This is the week that I took off from work. So I'll be home all week, except when I run out to do errands.

As I'm sitting here I feel like I'm waiting for Him to come home from work. Like He is going to walk though the door around 5pm or 6pm. But that's not true.

In fact, as I was just writing that last sentence Master called on His lunch break. He gave me an update on what is going on. He does not sound happy. But I knew that He wouldn't. He asked me how I'm doing and I told Him that Ghost puppy is cranky.

He said that He'd give me a call later on tonight because He has to eat and then get back to work.

Last night He ran through the things I can use around the apartment in order to protect myself should anything happen. Yes, He worries. A lot.

He knows I know how to take care of myself. I moved out of the house I grew up in when I was 17. I've lived in some really shitty neighborhoods. But He is my Master, my Husband, and my protector. So He worries.

He told me where all the knives were (Master collects them and they aren't display pieces). He then reminded me that we have a baseball bat and where that is located, as well as all of His metal canes. Basically He went down the list of everything I could use as a weapon and assured me that Ghost will help protect me.

Ghost is a very sweet and loving dog. But he is also highly protective of his "pack". And his pack consists of Master, myself, and the rabbits. And he's a German Shepard/Husky mix. So he's a big pup. In fact, since Ghost has been awake he's realized that Master isnt' home and has decided that every single noise from outside and from the surrounding apartments is a danger and he must bark at it. It's slowly but surely giving me a headache, but he's listening to me when I tell him to go lay down or to be quiet, for the most part. Whenever Master isn't home he goes into ultra protect mode, as you can tell.

If I end up doing more than one blog post a day, it's because I'm taking a break in between cleaning and just need to jot stuff down. I want to keep this as detailed as possible so Master has an accurate log of what I've done while He's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment