January 26, 2009

No Master = Insomnia

This happened when Master was away for that job contract last week too.

I would try to go to sleep, toss and turn, toss and turn some more, and then eventually say fuck it and get up and try it again a couple of hours later.

Guess what. It's happening again. I was tired when I got home from work. I enjoyed the couple of hours I had with my Master and then took my bath and all of that happy stuff.

Before He left for work I said that He could call when He was on His lunch break. He told me that He may or He may not, depending on what time that was going to be.

Well on one of His breaks, around 11:30pm or so Master called me and told me that He would be taking His lunch break around 2am. I said that would be fine to call. I figured that if I did end up going to sleep that I would just wake up to talk to Him. No biggie.

Well it's currently a little after 1am and guess what. I'm not tired. How surprising.

I know He won't have much trouble sleeping because He'll pretty much be dead on His feet once He gets home. I can't say that I blame Him for that, being how physical His job normally is.

But me? Mine is just mentally exhausting, which is what makes me tired. Well apparently my mind has had sufficient time to rest and unwind because now I'm wide awake.

Thankfully I don't have to work really early in the morning. I have to get up by 9am. So that's not to bad.

I don't know what it is but if He isn't at least at home and in the very near vicinity, I can't sleep very well. Not only can I not sleep very well, but I have problems falling asleep.

This has happened when He's worked 3rd shift jobs before. It's just been quite some time since He's worked a 3rd.

I'm so used to having Him next to me, snoring and being my heating blanket. So when He's not home I just can not fricking sleep. Ugh. I'm not trying to sound whiney or complain excessivley. Really, I'm not. Like I said in a previous post, Him working this 3rd shift is a lot easier to deal with than Him being out of town.

Speak of the devil. Apparently they took their lunch breaks early. He just wanted to call and check in. He's a sweetie. So He told me to go curl up and try to get some sleep. So I'm off.. to toss and turn. *giggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment