January 29, 2009

Grumble

I'm a little cranky tonight. Nothing major, just cranky.

I didn't sleep well last night. Over the past few days my fibromyalgia has been kicking my tail. My shoulders and lower back have been screaming at me. You know, there are some days where I wish I still had some of those prescription muscle relaxers. I went off of those, as well as all of my pain medications, shortly after I turned 19. So about a year before I met Master. I also stopped going to the doctors I was going to. Every single one of them.

I felt like they weren't listening to me and only wanted to drug me and not try to actually help me anymore. I had been going to those doctors since I was 13 years old. Fuckers gave up on me. They stopped having me go to physical therapy, or getting professional massages, and they stopped doing the stretching exercises. They decided it was best to just hide the pain behind the drugs. And so did every new doctor I tried. Plus I was just really sick of being a zombie.

Enough about that.

Well one of the last things we were waiting on for taxes showed up to day. Just one more to go! And of course it is the job I only worked at for 2 weeks in 2008 (I had been there for about three months all told) before going to my current job. Why do I have a feeling they are waiting until the absolute last minute before putting the damn W-2 in the mail?

I'm one of those odd people who likes getting the taxes done and filed very early. I usually have them done by the middle of February. And yes, I do our taxes. They aren't that difficult and I can still file them electronically, so yay! To hell with paying someone who might fuck me over and still over charge me. After what happened to my grandfather, I'll never pay for someone to file my taxes unless I have no other choice. He had been going to a company (a very large one I might add) for years and years. Well one day the IRS decided to spin the roulette wheel and pull his name for an audit. Yeah, he owed about $60,000 in back taxes because this company continuously screwed up. No thank you. That and I'm not a very trusting person when it comes to finances. I keep track of everything. I write down my hours when I'm at work so I can make sure my paycheck isn't shorted. I learned that one the hard way a few years ago. Your word against the company doesn't mean jack shit. Company wins. How shocking.

We use online banking and online bill pay but I still write everything down and make copies in case something happens to the original. I save check images that I can view through our online banking. Especially now that Master and I are finally starting to get back on our feet. There is no way I'm letting us get tripped up if I can help it. I thought it drove Master nuts, especially after things were finally back on track. But it turns out He's thankful. He says that if it weren't for my being so obsessed about such things we might have never gotten our feet back on the ground. *beams* It may seem like a small thing, but I really appreciate it when He says things like that. Makes me feel useful.

Well, this weekend is so not turning out how I wanted it to.

Where to begin. Okay, tonight Master is at work until about 6am. Then tomorrow I have to go take the car in for an oil change. After that I'm dropping off the rent check, and we have a bunch of other errands to run. On top of that Master has to go to His office for an hour or two to talk to His boss about how the job contract is going and to see where it goes from here as well as drop off the paperwork.

Saturday, I work. Master had me put in a request to get out three hours early so we could have more time together. It was approved, which is all well and good. But our friend B is coming over. We wanted to see him, and he's going through a rough time right now with family issues, but I was hoping we'd have one day where it would be just myself and Master. As you can tell Friday is kind of shot due to all the errands.

B was talking about coming over Sunday. But nope. That's shot too. Why you ask? Well, my mother in law decided that since she wanted to spend her birthday with her boyfriend's family in another state she would just see us this weekend. Master tried to make it for tomorrow (Friday) but nnnooo. That's not good for her. Sunday was the only day that was good for her. So now we're back to playing that game. The whole, "Well I'll see if I can pencil you in and then get myself up on that cross over there if you tell me no."

I asked Master if we could buy her a neon cross and some nails for Christmas. He said no, although the idea made Him laugh. :-D

Trust me my family politics are no fun either. At least with most of my family. Especially with my father and paternal grandfather. Fuck me running with a chain saw. That is it's own little side show believe you me. Hopefully we can keep the visit with His mother short and hopefully B won't want to stay extremely late on Saturday. One can hope.

** By the way I'm not trying to say I hate my mother in law or B. And yes, I know we can tell people no. But with how busy we've been lately we haven't seen anyone let alone one another, so we need to kind of do the rounds. *sigh* I'm glad we don't have a lot of friends. This would be an even bigger pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment