January 23, 2009

It's 9pm. Do You Know Where Your Husband Is?

I was going to post this last night, but at that exact moment Master walked in the door. But before we go into that, lets back track.

This is the one thing I do not like about Master's job. I realize that His job is in part an emergency service. But I hate not being able to know what is going on. After a certain hour, I can't call His job site because their office phones shut off and it goes to an answering service. I could call His mother's boyfriend who works at the same job, but there is no guaranty that I'll be able to find that out because they might not be on the same job site and/or working the same hours.

Now yes, that is true on most jobs. You can't get a hold of your significant other while they are at work. When I'm at work Master can leave me a message on my cell phone and He knows I'll get back to Him when I can based on what is going on at work.

So I think I was a bit spoiled while He was down in Illinois because He had taken the cell phone and He would call me when He could to let me know what was going on, and I could call and leave Him a message if something was going on here.

Yeah, I know. "Well that's easy to fix. Just get Him a cell phone." You're right, but we have to decide if right now we can afford another monthly bill. So we'll be discussing that later.

But anyways, Master had started work at 7:30am. He didn't get home until 9pm. The paycheck is going to be nice, but holy shit. He had been out of town for two days. He got back on Wednesday and then worked more once He got back from Illinois. Then He worked a long ass day yesterday and is back at work today. Now like I said the paycheck is going to be good.

But Master and I have never been the type of people that live to work. We work to live.

So He walks in the door last night and you can see that He's pissed. He explains to me why the day took so long and it made sense as to why He was pissed. I won't go into the details, but lets just say His anger was justified in my book.

And then He says something that although He was pissed off and I understood why He was saying it, I thought it was very sweet.

He said, "I married you because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Which means I want to spend every possible moment I can with you. Not so I could work for 13 hours, come home and see you for two and then go to sleep so I can get up at the ass crack of dawn and go back to work."

Maybe that's part of our problem. We are the hopeless romantics as far as wanting to spend every possible moment together. So when real life (jobs and what not) gets in the way of that.. it aggravates us even more.

Like I've always said our relationship isn't perfect. But the whole "Oh I want to spend every moment with you possible" isn't an act. It's the truth. And like I said I think that is part of our problem. Not that I'm complaining. I love the fact that we are this way, but it makes Him working such hectic hours hard on us.

What's that famous line people are tossing around Fet Life? Oh yeah. Suck it up, buttercup. That's right. And I do.

I don't nag Him for not being home. I don't say things like, "Well maybe if You were home more often.. blah blah blah.."

Because that's not how I am, and it's not how I feel. His job, when the hours are there, pays well. And we both have to work. We can't live on one income. We've tried that, it didn't work.

So last night we sat in the living room after His shower and talked. He vented and then once the venting portion was done (which is basically what this post is.. venting) we talked logically.

There are aspects of each of our jobs that we don't like. Hell there are some we down right hate. But does that mean we can quit? No. Does it mean that we can start job hunting? Yes it does. But we both need to get some "time" in at a job. The whole bouncing around from job to job thing, even if it is because you quit instead of getting fired, does not look good on a resume and hurts you rather than helps you when you are looking for a steady job.

So for now we deal with it. Who knows, perhaps after we get more time in at our respective jobs things will settle a little bit. Or maybe it won't, either way we'll get our time together when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment