November 26, 2009

It's Turkey Day. Yay or Something.

Master and I didn't get out of bed until about noon. Once we were awake He took His shower, and I knelt outside the bathroom door. After that I made Him coffee and we relaxed a bit.

Master doesn't enjoy the holidays. He doesn't like driving to everyone's house and having to make the rounds. He says He likes my family, but that He just never understood the point of it. His family never made a big deal out of Thanksgiving, and honestly neither did mine.

It was always just a day that you stopped by and saw your family members and then ate dinner. That was it. Quite honestly Master and I go through this every holiday. He doesn't want to go, and I sit there and try to explain why I do go. It's not necessarily that I want to go. Although I do enjoy visiting with my mom and then my dad. And I know that it's a lot going to both houses, and then sometimes a third house depending on if my grandfather wants to go to my dad's or have everyone come out to his place. It's more of a thing where I would feel really weird if I didn't make the rounds on Thanksgiving and then of course Christmas. It's what we've always done, and both sides of the family (my mother's and my father's) that are local or that I even interact with, regardless if they are local or not, are dwindling.

And it sucks, cause really nothing different happens on Thanksgiving then it would any other family visit. And today made that very, very apparent.

Around 1:30pm I got dressed and headed out, by myself. Master stayed home. I admittedly wasn't happy about it but whatever. He didn't want to go. He wanted to stay home, so that's what He did.

First I went to my mother's. Her husband asked me all sorts of annoying questions. I stayed about an hour. My mother said she understood, because I was already dreading going to my dad's house, I already had a headache, and a 45 minute drive home.

So then I go to my dad's house. I walk in and his girlfriend, DW, is sitting in the living room as is my grandfather. DW's two sons are in their bedrooms, my brother isn't there, and neither is my uncle. So I sit down and I notice that the main bedroom door is shut, so I figure my dad is in there. I talk for a few minutes and then ask, "Where's Dad?"

Apparently he had to work, and wouldn't be getting out of work for five hours. Okay. So I came over here to visit with my dad's girlfriend and my grandfather? Joy. My grandfather is 70 and I think is going a bit senile in all seriousness. I still love him, but um... he says some really offensive things sometimes. Today was no exception.

DW and my dad also have two birds. Two very loud and annoying birds. So it didn't take long for my headache to become a full on migraine. So I told them that I wasn't feeling well, and showed myself out the door.

On the drive home my migraine became worse. It got to the point that it was causing piercing pain in my eyes, and had completely wrapped my head. I could feel my pulse in both temples and the back of my head was throbbing. So I laid down and Master and I talked.

Even though I wish He would have been there with me today, I didn't let it affect my mood. I apologized in advance for any tone or "pissed off type" movements I may make, and explained that I had one hell of a migraine. He's seen me with very bad migraines before, and said He understood. I wanted to explain to Him that my mood was due to my migraine, and not anything else because I didn't want anything being misread.

I love my Husband. And I know He likes my family, and my family likes Him. But when it comes to Thanksgiving or Christmas it can be like pulling teeth to get Him to "make the rounds" with me. It's been like that for as long as we've been together, and I don't see it changing. But He did promise that come Christmas, He'd go visit everyone with me.

Since I've been home, we've watched a couple of movies, and I took my bath. He was also kind enough to work on my neck, which helped release some of the pressure in my head. I've taken about three Tylenol since I've been home and finally it is dying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment