November 4, 2009

Good News, Bad News, Good News

Today has been a good news, bad news, good news kind of day.

BC picked me up and took me to work. Work was decent today. Although my left hip has been bothering me all day. I'm not sure why, but it is.

Shortly before my lunch break, Master called me. I was so happy to hear from Him, because I had just been thinking about Him. And I told Him that as soon as I picked up the phone. He started laughing. I found that odd at first and then He said, "Guess what I got?"

So I said, "A million dollars?"

"No. What did we do on Monday?"

And I was all, "No way!"

Yep. That's right. The decision from His unemployment hearing came today! Holy shit that was fast. Their previous decision has been reversed! He's now approved to receive unemployment benefits! Whoo-hoo! So now we just wait for the payments to go through. The paperwork says that could take anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks. So who knows. But the important thing is that He won the appeal! I am so proud of Him!

I couldn't stop smiling once I was off the phone with Him.

Then while I was on my lunch break, He called me again. This time it wasn't such good news. KB (my mother-in-law's fiance), had a heart attack a little over a month ago. Today he was going into to have more stints put in place. Well that didn't happen. Apparently they discovered that the stints that were already in place had already closed. So they decided not to put more stints in, and instead have scheduled a quadruple bypass surgery for next week.

Both of my grandfathers have had quadruple bypass surgeries, so I know what to expect. But still. It sucks. I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's going to be a long road to recovery.

Then, later in the afternoon Master calls me once more, again with good news! He has been trying to get in at a particular job since before He left His last one. (So about three months.) He had applied at this place because a good neighbor of ours works there and had suggested it to Him. So He had applied, and until now interviews had been placed on hold because of other things going on with the company. Well today, the HR lead called Him and asked Master to come in for an interview at 9:30am! Whoo-hoo!

Our neighbor has already put in a good word for him. And our neighbor has been working there for over 15 years, so that I'm sure is going to help a lot. The pay would be great, and it's very close to home, which will make juggling the car that much easier. So here is hoping!

I am so happy for my Husband. And I wish Him lots of luck tomorrow at the interview.

So like I said, it's been a good, bad, good news kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment