February 3, 2009

Personal Holiday

There are holidays through out the year that I personally don't give a shit about. Mainly, Hallmark holidays. At least that is what Master and I call them. Sweetest Day, Valentine's Day, things of that nature.

However, there is one day out of the year that I cherish very much and of course no one else but Master and myself give a shit about really. And that is getting closer. It is our anniversary.

I always joke with Master (and other people) that we got married on our anniversary so Master wouldn't have to try and remember yet another day in the year. In all honesty we both wanted to get married on our anniversary because well, it seemed romantic to us and the number of years we were together on that date held spiritual significance for us. We met 03/21/03. We were married 03/21/07. So we were married on our 4 year anniversary.

My ticker for not being punished has passed the 6 month mark. That is seriously the longest time I have ever gone without some form of a punishment. And remember my bet with myself? I had been wondering if I could make it to our anniversary without being punished. Well, as of this posting that's only another month, two weeks, and three days away. Like I said it is getting closer.

So what's up with the blog post title right? Well, it seems acceptable and understandable if someone wants Valentine's Day off or something along those lines. It seems to be expected that you would want to spend time with your significant other on that date.

Well, in November of last year my job made the 2009 vacation schedule available so you could plan ahead. So I immediately put in a request for our anniversary off. (Okay I admit it, since it is on a Saturday I would also get a three day weekend out of it. But that's not that point.) It was denied because someone else had already scheduled that day off.

No biggie. I knew exactly who that person was after looking at the schedule and asked her if she wouldn't mind letting me take that day. She asked me why and I explained that it is our anniversary of being together for 6 years and having been married for 2 of that. She said no, that she was going to keep that day off. I asked why she had scheduled it off, and she said because she just felt like taking it off. Yeah. Thanks. *sigh*

Yes, Saturdays are the days that I only work until the middle of the afternoon. And there is no guarantee that Master would have that day off as well, but it's possible. He might be able to talk to His boss about it, who knows. I've been looking for people to trade shifts with. I found one today but I don't know if I can take her shift because of the whole "only one car" situation, and having to be at the office before the sun comes up if I were to work her shift.

Many people have already told me, "It's not that big of a deal. You can always celebrate that night or the next day." And of course they are right. We could.

But I would just really love to be able to spend the entire day with my Husband. I really, really would. I had to work our one year wedding anniversary (He had that day off of work). Is it so much to ask? And honestly it is the one day out of the year, above any other holiday that I just feel this need to be with Him. It marks the first day we met, and it marks the day we added being Husband and wife to the list of things that we are to one another. On the whole "level of importance" ruler, it rates way above my birthday or any mushy holiday on the calendar.

I talked to Master about it tonight before He left for work and He said He didn't really know since He can never plan ahead due to His job being emergency response. So He doesn't know if I'd be able to have the car for the day when I would trade shifts with my coworker. And I seriously doubt our friend B wants to try and get me to work that damn early. And even if he could, how would I get home if Master isn't able to come pick me up? Yeah. It's fubarred.

Ah well. One of these years we'll both be able to schedule said day off, maybe even that entire weekend, and then go back to Sybaris which is where we spent our honeymoon. Our own personal little time capsule. Happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment