February 5, 2009

Have To Make That Money, Honey

Yes, it's true. Master and I do not live to work, we work to live. However, there are so many things we want to do. And of course you can't do to much in this world without it costing money.

Hell even browsing the internet costs money. You have to pay for the computer, pay for all the stuff you need to protect your computer, pay for the internet, etc and so on. I think I've made my point. ;-)

Today work went by rather quickly, which was a good thing. And right now Master is at work, and we are waiting for His paycheck to hit the bank. I so love direct deposit.

Okay, so lets see here. What is it that we want to do that is going to take so much cash? Shall we go with practical or fun stuff first?

Lets go with practical first. You know, get the ho hum stuff out of the way.

At first Master and I were basically planning on buying a bunch of stuff for the apartment we currently live in. One of the projects that we had in mind was to turn the 2nd bedroom (which is currently the bunny room) into a bunny room/guest room. We also wanted to do some other things to the apartment. So let's see. What would that include?

  1. Futon or sleeper sofa for the back bedroom (hence the guest bedroom).

  2. New cage stands for the rabbit cages.

  3. New blinds for the sliding glass doors and a couple of the windows.

  4. A second dresser. Kind of like His and hers. Or a larger dresser to completely replace the one we have. It's fucking stuffed, trust me.

  5. New computer desk. (Master has had this thing for years. Like since before I met Him almost six years ago. And you can tell.)

  6. New entertainment center. (See explanation provided for computer desk.)

  7. New headboard. I hate the one we have. Always have. I can live without a headboard, however Master likes having one.


Am I forgetting anything there? Probably. But regardless, that's a lot of money you're talking about once it's all said and done. We don't have credit cards, for they are evil. So you got it. Cash. Loan? Um yeah, our credit isn't the greatest and I don't feel like paying interest on furniture. So again. Cash.

But then we did our taxes and Master looked at me and we were basically like, "Well that would cover all the furniture...." But we've been wanting to move for quite a while. Like shortly after I moved in about four years ago. So ya know what? Instead... we're going to save the tax money (okay not all of it, but most) and save up for a new place. Then, we can do what Master has been wanting to do this entire time. Move, throw out the furniture and other shit we don't want anymore. Computer desk, entertainment center, and headboard specifically. And then once we're in our new place (where ever that may be) buy new furniture and there ya go.

That has been Master's plan the entire time. He wanted to wait until we moved, then throw out all the old shit. Get into our new place, and then buy new stuff. He figures that hell, we'd be unpacking anyways, might as well assemble new furniture while we're at it. Rather than assembling new furniture and then have to move it and be extra careful because it is so new. That makes sense to me. I'm just so sick of looking at the stuff and I kept saying, "Let's face it, we're stuck here for a while." It's not that hard paying the monthly rent. But to pay the monthly rent on one place while trying to come up with a security deposit and first month's rent on another place? A tad bit more difficult.

So moving it is. We have no idea when, and Master wants to do more of a rent to own type situation. All we do know for sure is that we want to stay within the same general area. The area isn't bad, we just don't like this apartment anymore. Plus if we can move into a place where I can paint the walls?! *gasp* Be still my beating heart! I'm so sick of white walls. It's all I've seen since I moved out of the house I grew up in when I was 17. That's almost 10 years ago. (Okay, okay.. so I'm only turning 26 in March. But still. It's close damnit.)

On top of the expense of moving, we also need to find a 2nd car. My mother is helping us out by talking to some of her friends who are mechanics and might be able to get us a deal on a half way decent car. It doesn't have to be new, it just has to be able to get Master back and forth to work and not die in 6 months.

Alright then. Hum drum stuff done. On to the fun stuff that we want to buy!

Master is drooling (literally) over a Gil Hibben sword. The Gil Hibben 2009 Annual Dragon's Lair Sword to be exact. He recently bought the Gil Hibben Single Shadow. Then our friend B surprised Him by also buying Him the Gil Hibben Single Shadow (so now He has two and He's like a little kid when He holds them both) as well as the Gil Hibben Double Shadow. The sword would just make His day.

He also wants more pieces for His Boba Fett collection of course. I wouldn't mind a new computer, or perhaps just a laptop for me. Yes, I'm a greedy nerd. The reason why I want a laptop for myself is because I would love to own a Mac. Okay. No hissing! I learned somethings on Macs when I was going to college, and I actually deal with them at work. And Master has absolutley no interest in learning a Mac. He is my Caveman, and the PC pisses Him off enough sometimes. Of course I call Him my Caveman with much love and respect for Him. And yes, I call Him a Caveman to His face. Not just on here. ;-)

Then, there is the ink addiction that needs to be fed. I found this really kick ass Thunderbird design that I want on the back of my right shoulder. And that would be a Thunderbird as in the legend, not the car. Although some might argue that the car is a legend, but that's not the point. That would be my 11th tattoo. I also want some sort of a tattoo anklet, I just don't know what, for a total of 12. For now. *cough*

Master then wants a Mandalorian design on His inner arm. For those that don't know, the Mandalorian design is something that is associated with Boba Fett. And again, for those that don't know, Boba Fett is a Star Wars bounty hunter. We're both nerds, yes I know.

So I figure that once Master is off of third shift, and we have a bit more time together I'll start slamming some overtime in. I say once Master is off of third shift because I only get about two hours a day with Him as it is. So I don't want to cut into that. How much longer is He going to be on that shift? We honestly have no idea right now. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have a better idea once He talks to His boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment