February 19, 2009

Is It Just Me..

Is it just me or am I mainly talking about work and miscellaneous shit lately?

Yeah. I think I am. *shurgs* At least you all got a picture post earlier this week right? *laughs*

Well I made it through today, and now for my three day weekend. Yay!

Work wasn't that bad today actually. We weren't nearly as busy as we have been. And I got to break out of my normal routine at work today by helping new employees learn the ropes so to speak. So that was fun.

And so because I was helping new employees I ended up taking my lunch late (I have a set lunch time), which just made the day seem to go by a little faster.

So Master picked me up from work and I told Him that we have to figure out a new way to juggle how I'm getting to and from work on Tuesday, cause B can't take me to work. So we'll figure that out somehow.

We might have a lead on a car. It's nothing fancy, but my mom knows a guy who is trying to get rid of his car. It has quite a few miles on it and I would not pay his asking price... but ... he told my mom, "Have them test drive it and make me an offer"... So it sounds like he just wants it off his hands in a way. It may be worth looking into.

We don't need a fancy car. We just need a car that can get one of us to work and back safely and not die on us in six months. We already have a reliable car. So what we need is a car that will go from point a to point b and last at least a year. The car we currently have will be the main car, the one we end up getting will just be a "to and from work" car.

Here's hoping we can get a 2nd car sooner rather than later.

Also, Master taught me a new game! :-D

It's a word game. One of my favorite kinds of games.

I guess it normally is a drinking game, but since I don't drink often (and neither does Master) we just decided to do it for fun.

Master called it "Battle Star". What you do is the first person says the name of a famous person or character. Then the next person takes the first letter of that character's last name and has to think of a new person/character with a first name that begins in said letter.

I don't know how well I'm explaining it, so I'll use visual aids to help me.

So let's say the first person says, "Darth Vader".

Okay. So now you take the first letter of the last name. In this case that would be "V". Now you have to think of a famous person or character who's name begins with "V".

So the second person would say, "Vincent Price."

So the first person would respond with, "Paula Abdul".

Second person: "Adam West".

First person: "Wesley Snipes".

Second person: "Steve Tyler".

Etc and so on. Wow, I was about to keep going. *laughs* It is a lot of fun! Basically you have 20 seconds to think of your response and if you miss or repeat someone already mentioned you take a shot and the process starts all over again.

And like I said we don't really drink that much, so we weren't following that particular rule. Anyone wanna play? *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment