February 10, 2009

I Hate Being Sick

It's official. Master gave me His cold. I don't have all the drainage He does, but my throat feels like it is on fire and I have periods of feeling dizzy/lightheaded. My immune system is strong, but when I get sick I apparently don't fuck around. It knocks me on my tail.

Last night I had stayed up until Master got home because He got out of work early last night. I thought He would come home, take His shower, we would talk a little bit, and then we would go to bed and curl up.

But after His shower He wasn't tired and so put in a movie. I couldn't stay up any later because I had to go to work in the morning. So I gave Him a hug and then went to bed and eventually fell asleep.

This morning my alarm went off. When I sat up in bed I got a head rush and felt like shit. But I was going to try to go to work. And try I did. An hour into work I felt worse, and that's after taking the sinus medicine. I went on a break to see if some fresh air would help any, but it didn't. So I asked if I could go home. My reasoning was that if I could just sleep most of the day and then most of the night, I would feel better. So I came home. Master was still sleeping as He had worked 3rd shift. I checked on Him and He was sprawled out all over the bed and I didn't want to wake Him up by coaxing Him to move over enough for me to slide into bed next to Him.

Instead I grabbed a sheet and a small throw blanket and curled up on the couch and fell asleep. Master woke me up when He got up. He asked what I was doing home, so I told Him. He said He was sorry for giving me the cold. Now let's just hope we don't keep cycling it between the two of us. Gods that would get ugly.

I don't have much of an appetite, but I did eat a little something here and there throughout the day.

I have to go to work, and stay there, tomorrow though. Hopefully in the morning I'll feel better. The sucky thing is that when my throat feeling the way it does, it makes my job a bit more difficult. I'm on the phone, literally all day except for when I'm on lunch or a break. And it honestly feels like I'm losing my voice. Not good. I only get so many "occurrences" for the year. Yeah, it's only February and I've used about half of those already due to migraines, food poisoning and now today. They are very strict on their attendance. You get so many and then you're out the door, regardless of how good at your job you are. And I can not afford to lose this job. This makes me nervous.

I feel like shit. I really do, but I'm going to have to tough it out. Hopefully Friday will get here rather quickly, and I won't feel so bad in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment