December 23, 2009

Finally

It's the four day weekend!

Last night I was exhausted, mentally, so while Master watched Saturday Night Live episodes, I fell asleep on the floor. He woke me up when He was ready to go to bed. Thankfully I had preset the alarm, so all I had to do was curl up to Master and pass the hell out. *laughs*

Our living room was freezing when I got up this morning. I quickly took a peek outside, and saw that it wasn't snowing. So I took my time getting ready, knowing that my ride wouldn't be early today.

Surprisingly Master got up shortly after I did and came into the living room, had a cigarette, and then kissed me and went back to bed.

The ride to work was fine. But work itself was boring as hell! I mean yes, okay I understand that we get a four day weekend. But when 85 % of the company is standing around talking because they have nothing else to do, you would think they would send us home early. But no. We got out at our normal time.

Which sucked, because about a half hour before I got out of work it was snowing rather heavily. It was all fluffy snow, but it was coming down at a decent rate. This made the ride home long, and a bit dangerous. We almost ended up hitting a guard rail getting onto the interstate because the car fishtailed and we weren't even going 20 mph. But we made it home safe and sound. Master called me when we were about 5 minutes from the apartment wondering where I was and if I was okay.

It had just been a long drive. We took it slow and steady.

After I got home I took care of the dog and have been relaxing ever since. We watched the first two episodes of Rome. It's okay. I prefer The Tudors. Maybe it's because it is so early in the season but it just seemed so.... dry. I don't know how else to describe it.

Plus one of the things I love about The Tudors is the way it's filmed. I don't know what it is they are doing, but the way the show looks is just... stunning. Not so much with Rome.

I don't know if we'll continue watching it or not.

Tomorrow we are going to my mother-in-law's house for dinner. Joy. Hopefully we won't be there to late.

Normally she'll tell us to show up right before dinner, like she is this time. She wants us to show up at 5pm. She says dinner will be ready shortly there after. But normally when she says that shortly there after turns into two to three hours later. Who knows. Maybe this time it will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment