December 5, 2009

Joys Of Being Female

Yeah, so I'm sure that you've guessed by the title that if you're a man, you might not want to read this post. *laughs*

Today, while doing stuff around the apartment I realized that I had gotten my period. Joys of joys.

I went into the bathroom and discovered that I only had one tampon left. *sigh* Ya know, you don't think about that kind of stuff for three weeks a month, and then when you need them you're like "Son of a bitch."

So I put on some clothes and headed to the store. Master does not buy tampons. He has never, once, bought me a box of tampons, at least not without me standing right there. Like He'll pay for them, but I don't think He'd want to go to the store alone and have to stare at all those boxes going, "What. The. Fuck. She's gonna shove this up her twat. This is not rocket science. Why are there so many different kinds?!"

And then have to proceed to the checkout counter after giving up and just grabbing whatever box was closest. *laughs* I just, don't see it happening. It's not like He's ever refused to go pick up a box. I've just never asked Him. I've never uttered the words, "Babe while you're at the store could you get us some soda, some paper towels... Oh! And a box of tampons. But the regulars. Not the supers."

Nope. Never happened. I don't know why I haven't asked. It's just not something I've done. Whether He would do it or not if I asked Him to, I have no idea. You would think after being with Him for almost 7 years I would know the answer to that. But it's never come up. I've always either been with Him, or gone myself.

So anyway, I went to the store. And of course while I was there I realized we needed some other things, so I grabbed those as well. When I got home I put everything away and wrapped the Christmas gifts we've already bought.

And while I was doing so I said to Master, "I don't see why we need to pay for those things anyway." And He was like, "Uh... pay for what?"

I seem to be rather random when I'm on my period. It's odd.

So I said, "Tampons. I don't see why we have to pay for tampons."

So He said, "Well someone has to make them and they have to make a profit."

To which I replied, "Yeah but it's not like it's something we can help! We don't have a choice in it. It's just something that happens. I shouldn't have to pay for something I can't control!"

But if the world worked that way, that means you'd never have to pay for medication or health care. Which would be awesome. It's not like you can control it when you're sick or injured. (Okay, maybe sometimes. Like when you do something totally stupid.)

Plus who decided that a piece of cotton (I think it's cotton? Whatever.) in a plastic applicator should cost so damn much, for like... a box of frickin' 20. Which most women would agree sometimes is not enough to get you through you entire period.

And another thing, why is it that some stores put their tampons by the toliet paper... which makes sense to me. And yet other stores, like the one I went to today, puts them next to the baby diapers, condoms, and pregnancy tests.

*blinks*

It's like they are covering all their bases. Having all that stuff in one aisle.

"Got your period? Then don't worry, and breathe a sigh of relief while looking  at the other stuff in the aisle, as you grab the tampons. Didn't get your period? We're gonna freak you out by putting the pregnancy tests right next to baby diapers! And that's also why we put the condoms there, to scare the shit out of teenage boys."

No comments:

Post a Comment