December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Today was a busy day.

I had set the alarm to make sure we got up on time. After we had gotten ready we headed out. First we hit the gas station and then headed down to my mother's. My brother was there already. It was very informal. We sat down in the living room, exchanged presents, and just talked for a couple of hours. My brother is currently unemployed, but he still got us a card which was very nice of him. My mother and her husband gave us a toaster.

Everyone seemed to enjoy their gifts.

My brother couldn't remember how to get out to our grandfather's house. He's never driven out there by himself before. So we all left at the same time and he followed us out.

We were the first to arrive at Grandpa's house. We sat in the living room and relaxed for a bit. Then my father and his girlfriend showed up. I was honestly surprised that she hadn't brought her sons with her, but was silently thankful for that fact.

We had dinner around 4pm. The food was really good. And then we exchanged gifts. My dad didn't get us anything. He said he was broke. But I mean... we didn't even get a card, and you can buy a box of 16 at the dollar store. (I know because that's exactly what I did.)

My grandfather handed out "goody bags" and cards with cash in them. The goody bags had home made fudge, cookies, rice krispie treats, and trail mix. Yummy. Master got my trail mix though. *giggles*

Master and I left shortly there after. It was going on 6pm and I wanted to get home. My grandpa was in good spirits, but my dad was just kind of... depressing to be around today. He was walking around like someone had shot his dog or something. I don't know if it's because he said he couldn't afford anything, or something else. According to his girlfriend he's been acting like this for a while now.

Oddly enough it reminds me of the time right before we found out that he was cheating on my mother back when I was 16. Funny that. Then again my father is an odd character. He won't tell you what's going on. He'll bitch, but he won't get into in depth conversations or tell you anything relating to his emotions unless that emotion happens to be pissed off.

So another Christmas is over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment