October 18, 2009

Warning: Rant

Okay this rant is totally selfish. This is your warning so you can stop reading now if you don't want to hear a rant/whine. Okay?

*waits*

*keeps waiting*

You're still here?

Okay, apparently you want to read this then.

I was reading some things on a social network site where some of our friends also just so happen to be signed onto. Well HG, which is BC's girlfriend, just bought a brand new $720 laptop. That bitch.

Okay, no seriously HG is a nice person. I have absolutely no problems with her.

But there are currently two friends in our lives that are a) unemployed, b) live with a family member, and c) are in their mid to late 30's.

HG is one of these friends. She has been unemployed for about a year. Which I totally understand because the job market fucking blows and I am not knocking her for it. She lives with her aunt. Her only bill is her cell phone. Her aunt pays for everything else. Which I'm assuming is how she has money to buy a brand new laptop. Either that or it was a credit card. Yes I'm jealous. Master and I could use a brand new computer. And we can't afford it, and we have no credit cards. Plus even if we did, we don't need another monthly bill.

Then there is Master's god sister VH. She is unemployed. However I do hold that against her because she was fired for calling in to much due to being hungover and coming into work hungover. So yeah. Completely her fault. She lives with her mother. She has no monthly bills because her mom is paying for everything. She rags on us constantly because we don't want to come out or don't have the money to come out. Or we do have to money to go out to a bar, but decide to use that money for something else.

We didn't go to the bar this weekend, or last weekend. Last weekend we didn't have the money and this weekend we decided to use that little bit of money for something else.

How the fuck she always has money to go out I have no idea. I know that she donates blood but you can only do that once a week.

I have been very tempted at times when VH she starts calling us "pussies" for not wanting to stay at the bar, or saying that we suck when we tell her we can't afford to go to the bar, a very long drawn out explanation that she wouldn't find very nice or polite of me.

It goes something like this.

"Well maybe if I could live with my mother and have her support me because I wanted to get wasted all the time I could afford to go to the bar every night. Or maybe if I didn't have to get up at 6:45am and be coherent so I could go to work I could go out on a Sunday night and stay out until bar close.

However instead I am stuck acting like a responsible adult and going to work every day, on time. And then paying my rent which is over $700 a month. Not to mention finding a way to pay an electric bill, and a phone and internet bill, on top of keeping my Husband and myself fed as well as the four animals we are responsible for."

Oh. So. Tempting.

I am not complaining that Master is unemployed. We had a very long talk about it before He quite and we both agreed that His health and general safety was worth the financial stress. Things are tight. Some weeks it is tighter than others. But we have a roof over our head and we have food in our stomachs.

He will find another job. He is also being responsible. He isn't going out and getting trashed. He isn't wallowing in a bout of self pity. He's going out there, He's putting out job applications, and He is fighting His former employer for unemployment benefits. He's busting ass doing all that as well as helping out around the apartment. He tries to help me not be so stressed out.

It's just that it baffles me sometimes when people who aren't working can go out and buy expensive shit or go out all the time and I can't and I'm going to work five days a week.
*sigh*

Like I said, sometimes I get jealous, which is only natural. I mean I am not a high maintenance wife. At least I don't think I am. But there are certain things I want. A new computer because ours is six years old, which in computer terms makes it an antique. New shoes for work. A new winter jacket because the zipper on mine is a little fucked up. You know. Simple shit.

Now yes, I know that Master just got a new video game. But seriously? He used some of His old games to get some money knocked off of it. Plus it's something He's been looking forward to for quite some time. Plus I play it as well. So it's for both of us.

Plus the type of winter jacket I want is slightly expensive. What I really want is a women's trench coat. I would really like a leather one, but even a cloth one would be nice (as long as it was black). But with how short I am (5ft1) it will be difficult to find one that won't look like I'm dressing up in mommy's clothes, ya know?

Okay pity party over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment