October 14, 2009

Today Was A Day You Wanted To Stay In Bed

When I woke up this morning all I wanted to do was make the alarm clock shut up, flip the blanket over my head, snuggle into Master's back and go back to sleep.

All this and I didn't even know it was cold and dark outside.

But no. I had to go to work. I got up, envied Master the warm bed He got to stay in, and then started getting ready for work.

BC picked me up and once we were half way to my job I realized that I had left my cell phone at home. *sigh* So I called Master shortly after I started work and told Him so He wouldn't try to call it and end up worrying about me.

Work was slow as hell. Instead of it being busy in the morning it was dreadfully slow. Then about an hour and a half before it was time to clock out it became very, very busy. Figures, doesn't it?

After work I walked to BC's job. It's about 13 blocks. It was cold, and I have no idea where my gloves are. Why don't I know where my gloves are? Because it's October. That's why. If I can't find them I'll have to buy a new cheap pair. I always seem to lose my gloves over the course of spring and summer, and then end up buying another pair once it starts getting cold again. This is the plot of the glove making companies. Those bastards.

Once I got home Master already had dinner cooking and showed me that He has a cold sore. :-( No kissing.

After dinner I took my bath, put on some lingerie, and am now just trying to relax. Master has a headache, due to pressure changes. And I just took some tylenol to try and make sure that the small one I have doesn't get any worse.

Just have to get through tomorrow and until noon on Friday. Then it's the weekend and I can get some other things done. That's the only bad thing about working a first shift job. When I go into work it's to early to call the places I need to call, and by the time I get home, it's to late. At least when I worked 2nd shift I could get up a little early and make my phone calls before work.

Not that I miss 2nd shift. I don't. At all. I hope to never go back to a 2nd shift job. I hated getting home at 10pm. Sleeping in past 6:30am was nice, but still. I much prefer 1st shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment