October 8, 2009

Really, Really Weird

Okay... I know that in previous posts I have said how much Master and I can not stand LN's wife, MN.

And I know I posted about how her and I had this long talk about how I feel when she "flirts" with Master. Well since that time, we have not seen her face to face. However, we have talked to her on the phone. And the interaction between both Master and her, as well as her and myself are vastly different. There isn't that tension there anymore. And she doesn't make comments to Master that I used to find walking a fine line between friendly joking and flirting. So her and I have actually been getting along rather well.

Well tonight she called and she talked to Master for a little while, then she asked to talk to me. So I talked to her for about a half hour. I asked her what was up with LN's hissy fit. She said that she honestly doesn't know but that he has been acting really weird lately.

She vented to me and apologized for it. I told her not to worry about it. She then asked me, out of no where if her and I were "cool". As in, do I hold anything against her. I thought about it for a moment and realized that as much as I have disliked this woman for the past four years, that no... I don't hold anything against her. So I told her that her and I had our talk, and that we had moved past that and that I was actually really enjoying the fact that her and I are getting along so well.

This is all very new to me, since I normally don't get along with women very well. And I felt for her, with some of the things she was complaining about regarding her husband, LN. I've been down those roads before with my ex. Hence why he is my ex. It all sounded so damn familiar. The only difference being that her and LN have been together for a lot longer then my ex and I were.

She actually admitted to me that she had thought about divorcing him but that she just couldn't do it because she does love him. So I listened and after she and I got off the phone Master and I had a very long talk.

I told Him that it felt very strange to be getting along with MN so well now. He completely agreed. She had told us some things that had happened long before LN and Master got into this recent "fight". And we remember hearing them from LN's point of view and how he had made himself out to be the victim. But when MN told me about them tonight, it shed a whole new light on the subject. And yes, I know that every story has two sides to it. But back then MN and I were not getting along so I was looking for any reason to not like her. Ya know? Petty shit, yes. I realize that now. And I apologized to MN for not bringing up my problems with her before hand. She said she understood. So her and I are totally fine now. She still wants to be our friend even if her husband does not. That says a lot about it though. I mean LN and Master had been friends for many years. And here is MN going, "Dude get over yourself, they are our friends." Meanwhile he is willing to totally write us off over joking around.

It's weird. And it also made me realize that the stresses in Master's and my relationship are so small comparatively speaking. It makes me feel like a fool for letting it grow out of proportion. Sometimes you just need that outside, unintentional, smack upside the back of your head to make you realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment