October 26, 2009

Mother. Fucker.

So...

I go into work today and it's raining out. It was dreary out. And I wasn't as tired as I thought I was going to be but still would have rather been in bed since it was just the weather for staying in and not doing much, ya know?

So my day is going along, and it's going rather quickly for a change. Then shortly after lunch Master calls my work phone and it's about a 20 second conversation. It goes something like this:

Master: "I got a call from unemployment. Cancel your requested days off. Don't ask any questions. I'll call you back soon."

Me: *confused as hell* "Uh. Okay."

Master: "Love you. Bye."

*click*

You see, I had requested tomorrow off because of the unemployment hearing. I then had also requested Wednesday off, just for shits and giggles.

So I keep doing my work. I fully admit that I did not immediatley cancel both vacation days because I figured at that point in time Master didn't have all the info He needed, which is why He had to call me back. Plus I knew I could cancel them at any time between right then, and the end of the work day which was about 3 hours away.

So Master calls me back about a half hour later to explain what the hell was going on.

Well apparently the judge who was going to hear our case tomorrow had a medical emergency. So they canceled our hearing. Hence the Mother. Fucker. title of this particular post.

Now while I understand that the judge had an emergency, and that sucks, but um... you mean there are no other judges who could have done it tomorrow? There really isn't a lot of information to review. Seriously.

So then Master goes on to explain that originally they were going to postpone the hearing until the end of fucking November. At which point, Master very politely (which surprises me a little cause I know He was lit when He heard that bit of information), stated that we had already been waiting two months for the hearing that was supposed to happen tomorrow. He asked if there was any way possible that we could get that moved up.

So the clerk that He was talking to (who thankfully was very nice according to Master) took a look at her calender and said maybe November 9th. Okay, that's a bit better. She then puts Master on hold, comes back and says, "Oh sorry. Nevermind, the 9th is all booked up."

They talk a little more and again Master is put on hold. When she comes back she tells Master that she has an opening for November 2nd. So He says that would be fine. She says, "Okay, as long as your former employer says that date works for them as well." So she tells Master that she has to call them and then call Him back.

At that point is when Master called me with the 20 second conversation. He then sits there waiting on pins and needles until she calls back. Thankfully His former employer (the other party in this case) said that would be fine.

So the hearing has been moved to November 2nd. Now while this is only a one week postponement, it still sucks balls. And not in a good way.

We need this money. And while we both realize that the hearing does not guarantee that we will win our case, we do realize that it will lead us to the final decision that much sooner. And since the court can take up to two weeks to come to a decision, after the hearing, and let us know what that decision happens to be... Yeah. It's just prolonging this process and our stress/anxiety over the situation.

So in regards to my vacation days, I kept tomorrow off. Why? Well a few reasons.

1. It seemed a little late to be canceling it.

2. I could really use the extra day off to take care of some other things and help Master put job applications off. Not to mention as we were/are nearing the hearing date my shoulders are becoming more and more like rocks due to anxiety. Thank you very much fibromyalgia.

3. I had already told BC that I wouldn't need a ride to work tomorrow, and I don't have parking money and/or gas money to be driving down there.

Then I canceled having Wednesday off and switched it to next Monday, which is the new hearing date.

The clerk said that she would be mailing out the papers to us today or tomorrow so we had something physical on it with the new hearing date and time. So we should have them tomorrow or Wednesday.

Master is not in the best of moods. And I'm just stressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment