October 13, 2009

Pain Can Go Away Now

Seriously. My shoulders hurt. My right ankle hurts. My lower back is stiff. Ah the joys of the weather not being able to make up it's mind.

My mother called me at work today, shortly after I clocked in. She has a pinched nerve in her neck on top of a sinus infection. So she hasn't been feeling well at all. Well when she called me she was scared. She had been sitting down and had leaned down to pick up something and all of a sudden her heart started to race and she felt dizzy. I assured her that it wasn't her heart, because if it was a heart attack then it wouldn't go away.

But I told her that maybe since her current doctor, who is close to retirement and it shows because he's not taking very good care of her, isn't giving her any answers that she should go to the walk in clinic.

She promised me that she would, and that she would call once she was out. That was at 8am.

So on my lunch break, which is around 12:30pm, I called her. She hadn't called me yet and I was worried. She was still at the clinic, hooked up to an IV. Apparently she was very dehydrated from her antibiotics she was on for the sinus infection. And it turns out that all of her other side effects, heart racing and dizziness is due to the pinched nerve in her neck on top of the antibiotic reacting badly to her other medications. (She is on hormones since she is in early menopause as well as something for her anxiety attacks, among other things.)

So I'm not to happy with her current doctor for not telling her these things to begin with. Thankfully she is on a wait list to become a new patient at a doctor that we both have a lot of respect for.

Work was busy again in the morning and very slow in the afternoon. It seems it is going to stay that way for a while.

Due to the fact that we are low on gas in our car, B is letting me carpool with him on the way to work as well as on the way home. I walk from my job to his and then he drives me home, drops me off, and heads to his home. Thankfully it's right along his way home.

Good thing Friday is payday.

No comments:

Post a Comment