October 15, 2009

Interesting Day

Today was somewhat interesting. Work was pretty much the same as it ever is. Data entry and running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

That is, it was normal until the end of the day.

You see about an hour before we were going to clock out for the day my coworker said that she would do something for me so that I could get caught up on something else. Well about 10 minutes before she was supposed to do the errand, she left her desk and said she would be right back.

Well I waited about 20 minutes and she didn't come back. So I did the errand myself. When she got back to her desk, I asked her if everything was okay. I thought maybe, since she said she hadn't been feeling well earlier that day that she had gotten sick or something.

It turns out that she had been called into the HR office, where she met with the head of HR and our supervisor. She had to sign and was given a copy of a formal written warning. She has been slacking off and since we do data entry you have to be extremely accurate. Well let's just say our supervisor was able to fill a nice sized folder with copies of her errors over the past 60 days. Not good.

She was pissed off, saying how our supervisor is after her. Um no, you're not doing your job correctly. But whatever. After she was sure our supervisor had left she then went back down to the HR office and requested a department transfer, in the hopes of staying employed with the company.

I found that part interesting since for the past week she has been talking about quitting. Odd.

Her transfer request was denied. The head of HR wants to wait 30 days and see how she does in improving at her current position and then go from there.

So it seems that I might be on my own soon. That is unless she straightens up and starts concentrating on her job. *shrugs* Or if they start hunting for someone to replace her quickly. Who knows.

On the one hand I get along with this coworker, as in her and I can talk and what not. But as far as actual work goes? She drives me crazy because she is forever dicking around on the internet, on her phone, and getting up and talking to whoever, then crunching all of her work in a short period of time. Which is probably why her work isn't very accurate, she's going to fast. And her work directly effects me, which is why it drives me nuts.

And she took tomorrow off of work. So I have a few extra things to cram into my half day tomorrow. Thankfully I get out at noon though.

But once I get home I have a bunch of phone calls to make and finances to try and figure out. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment