October 16, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday! And it's payday! And it's my half day at work! Whoo-hoo!

BC picked me up and took me to work. Work was extremely busy, so the four hours that I was there flew by in the blink of an eye. Master picked me up and we went home.

I immediatley got on the phone and called unemployment. Master had filed His appeal with them on September 1st and we hadn't heard anything yet. Well, needless to say I was getting a bit impatient. Yes, I realize that the unemployment rate is very high and that they are probably very backed up. But it has been over a month, I would at least like an update of some kind, ya know?

Well it's a good thing I did call. It turns out that Master has a hearing scheduled for October 27th. The representative that I was talking to said that we probably hadn't received the paperwork in the mail yet, that's all. So I thanked him and then paid some other bills.

Master and I headed back out the door shortly there after. He used some of His older video games to trade in and get Brutal Legend, which I'm actually going to give a try. The soundtrack kicks tail!

Once we got back home Master started playing His game and I then called the cell phone company and canceled His cell phone. It's really nice to have, but we just can't afford the luxury right now. I asked Master if He would rather cancel the house phone, but He said no because the cell phones don't get very good reception inside the apartment, so it made more sense to keep the house phone and drop the cell. So that's exactly what we did.

I then called a dog food manufacturer because I had a problem with one of their products. To "apologize" for my inconvenience, they are sending me a coupon for a free 20lbs bag of dog food. Rock on.

So tonight Master and I have pretty much just been chilling. He's been playing His video game, and I've been playing on the computer. We each had a Mike's Hard Lemonade that we had left in the fridge.

It's been a good day. I'm hoping that the rest of the weekend is just as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment