July 30, 2010

Transfer!!!!

Well, at about 10:30 this morning I found out that I officially start my new position at the company on Monday! Talk about last minute decisions.. holy hell. But I took an odd sense of joy knowing that today was the last day doing accounts payable work. I was smirking to myself most of the day.

The sucky thing was, my trainer made sure I wouldn't miss doing that job. She handed me a lot of shit that V didn't get done today, as she left at noon. So I had to juggle her work and mine for the last time.

So around 3:30pm I started cleaning my desk and getting all my stuff together. Then IT showed me where my new desk is. So I moved all my stuff over there, got it semi organized, wiped down my old desk, and then my new one. Then I had to go to HR and turn in my desk key and get my new one.

All I know to do on Monday morning is to go to my new desk and clock in. Beyond that I have no fucking idea what is going on. I had no time to talk to my new supervisor.

A few people were honestly pissed that I am transferring. They know how much work I crank out, which makes them more efficient and their jobs, and now they have to deal with V and a newbie. Lucky them.

But most people were ecstatic for me and I got a lot of congrats.

Once I got home from work, Master and I ran some errands. I finally broke down and bought a wrist rest, for in front of my keyboard at work. My wrists have been bothering me more and more lately, so I figure if the wrist rest doesn't help, then I'll go ahead and get a brace.

When we got home it was about 8:30pm. It's almost 9pm now and I'm exhausted. I'm drinking some Mountain Dew though, in the hopes that it'll wake me up so I don't crash soon.

It was a long god damn day. But at least I know I'll be doing something new on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment