July 11, 2010

Productive Sunday

Today was extremely productive. We got up, got ready, and then headed out to meet up with Master's mother and her hubby, KB. We got there shortly before noon. They showed up about 15 minutes later. They are hardly ever on time, but we've gotten use to that.

We sat down, ate lunch, and talked quite a bit about Master's new job. We joked around and everyone had a good time. Normally I somewhat dread meeting up with my mother-in-law, because her moods shift like the wind most days. One day she'll be joking around, and the next she's ranting about something or other or just has this pissed off look on her face. But today, she stayed in a good mood.

In fact they had asked us to bring a list of things that Master needs for His new job. He has to provide a good list of tools for Himself to use on the job. It's cable installation. There are some things the company provides, and others you have to bring yourself. We don't have a lot of money, so when they asked to see the list we assumed that since KB has quite a large selection he was just going to go over it and offer to lend Master some of the tools until we could get the money together to get them. Honestly that's all we were expecting. But once lunch was done they asked us to follow them to a tool store here in town.

We were a little taken back by that. But we aren't about to look a gift horse in the mouth, so we followed them.

They ended up purchasing 95% of what Master needed. *jaw drop* We thanked them over and over again. They told us that it wasn't a problem and that it was for "a good cause". I think His mother realized how serious Master is about this job, and His desire to become extremely good at it.

Once we were done there, they headed home after hugs and goodbyes and Master and I headed to a different store. Master needed some plain shirts with no logos or writing on them of any kind. Most of Master's shirts are either for office work, or have some kind of logo or writing on them. So we picked up 10 new shirts for Him.

We then went home and relaxed for a while. Going in and out of air conditioning sucks, and makes me feel tired. So it was nice to be able to just sit inside for a while. We ate dinner, and then Master was kind enough to work on my lower back. I then took my bath, and not I have a few more hours before I have to go to bed so I can go back to the grind stone tomorrow.

Master has off of work tomorrow, so I'm sure He'll enjoy that. I'm hoping to find out my start date for the new position I'll be taking on at the company I work for. If I do, be sure that I'll be calling Master shortly there after.. *giggles*

So the weekend has been great. Not one trace of my depression rearing it's ugly head. I'm feeling pretty good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment