July 6, 2010

Long as Hell Tuesday

Today I got up a little early thanks to Radar decided that it was time for me to get up, rather than getting up in 20 minutes like my alarm was set for.

But oh well.

I reset the alarm for Master and then got ready for work after taking out the pup. I should have known that as far as work went for me today, it was going to suck. Whenever we have an extended weekend due to a holiday it never fails that the first day of the work week sucks major ass. Today was no different. I was beyond swamped. And it didn't help that I had not one, but two meetings today, both of them during my peak busy periods through out the work day. Thank you very much supervisor.

However, it was not an entirely bad day.

Master called me around 11:30am to tell me that He had just gotten back from taking His pre-employment drug test and that He was to call the company in the early afternoon to see if they had received the results yet.

We knew, of course, that it was in the bag by this point but still... you're on pins and needles until it's official.

So Master called me again around 2pm to let me know He had literally just gotten off the phone with the company and they have officially offered Him the job!

He starts this Thursday! *happy dance* I am very proud of Him and very happy for Him as well.

So shortly after I got home from work we headed to the bank to get a direct deposit form as the checking account does not actually have checks, and then we used a free Appleebee's gift card we had obtained from our bank to go out to dinner to celebrate.

Although getting used to not being able to smoke in restaurants that you were previously able to smoke in is difficult. As of yesterday there is no more smoking allowed in public places. So needless to say as soon as we had paid the check we left, went to the car, and lit up.

So we are now both once more employed. And soon will be a double income household again. Master isn't sure what His pay schedule is going to be, but either way, it'll be really nice. :-)

Congrats once again Master! I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment