July 7, 2010

More Good News!

Master starts His job tomorrow! Yay! First He needs to take myself, and another person in my carpool, to work but He should still get to His job on time, if not a little bit early.

Well today was just as hectic at work as yesterday was, minus the meetings. So I was busy as hell again today and again got little to no help from V, the coworker from hell.

However, about a half hour before I was supposed to clock out, the business manager called me into her office. I was like, "Oh shit, I didn't get the transfer approved. This is way to quick." I was thinking this because I had only asked for it last Friday and Monday the office was closed. So I figured I might hear something early next week.

But to my pleasant surprise she offered me the job! She told me that since my review is already overdue in my current position they are going to forgo the formality of that review and just put my raise from that into effect. Then in about two to three weeks when I actually start my new position I will then get another increase for starting a different position. Then, 90 days from that point I will get a review to see how I am doing in the new position and get another pay increase!

*jaw drops* I am so fucking glad that I had the guts to request the transfer! My job isn't going to be boring anymore and I'll be making significantly more in the process!

Once I walked out of her office, after shaking her hand and thanking her over and over again, I finished up what work I had left and then clocked out.

The reason why I won't be starting the new position for two to three weeks is because they need to figure out who will be taking my current position. It should be very interesting to see who ends up with it.

But the small wait time doesn't bother me at all. I'm going to start a little countdown calendar on my desk at work to make it more exciting. :-D Also, this way whenever I get frustrated or pissed off or what have you with what I'm doing, or with V, I can just look at it and tell myself that it'll be over soon.

It's not so much the job that I dislike. It's the lack of action from certain other people within my department. When I'm sitting there busting my ass and you're sitting there gabbing away or texting? Yeah. That pisses me off. Especially when you get behind and ask for my help.

Once I got home Master asked me how I was and I said, "I'm great!". So He simply said, "You got the transfer approved huh?"

Well damn. *laughs* I wanted to tell Him, not for Him to somehow know like He always does. :-p

B came over shortly after I walked in the door to hang out for a little bit. It was nice seeing him again. Right after he left I took my bath and am now doing my blog post.

I have this Friday off, so technically tomorrow is my Friday. Hopefully it'll be a quick one!

No comments:

Post a Comment