July 13, 2010

Today Sucked

Today, really, really sucked.

Master got up at 5:30am to get ready for work since He started at 7am. After I made sure He was awake and out of bed, I reset the alarm for when I had to get up. He woke me up briefly to say goodbye and tell me He loves me.

When my alarm went off I got up, got ready for work, and then took the dog out. Once I got to work, that my friends is when the day started to suck. V, the coworker from hell, was not in again today. Yes, that's right. She was out of the office yesterday as well.

So my trainer is freaking out about invoices and what not cause it's two and a half days behind. And that's on top of me entering some yesterday when I could. So I tell her I'll help again. No problem.

Yeah. That was until the requests for my work started pouring in. It was like the dam broke and the flood had been building for a month. It was insane. I told my trainer this, and she told me to do the best I could. She was busy doing V's work and the other clerk in my department was also swamped. I was not a happy camper. I was typing so fast the applications couldn't keep up with me. Does that tell you something? My hands were killing me. And people stopping at my desk not only to ask for the things they had requested, which was two hours ago. (Yes I was way behind.) But they also stopped by to tell me that while they are happy for me, in regards to my transfer being approved, they are upset that I'm leaving because that means they'll be stuck with V, and a newbie. I admit it's not the best situation but I told them, "If you have a problem after I'm gone, take it to their trainer. If that doesn't work, go to their supervisor. I'm not sure what else to say."

It was nice to feel appreciated, it was nice to have all my hard work noticed, but on the other hand a couple of them were acting like I should stay. Yeah. So I can miss out on the $0.75 raise that'll be bumped up another three percent 90 days after my transfer actually happens? I think not. If I were to stay it would literally take me two more years to equal that $0.75 raise. Two years. Yeah. I'll take that now thank you very much.

So without going on and on about it, lets just say that my mind was mush and my hands hurt by the time I left work.

I was surprised to see that Master wasn't home yet when I got home at 5:30pm.

I got inside, took the dog out, took the garbage out, and then waited. And waited.

My poor Hubby didn't get home until 8:30pm. He just got home, and is telling me about His day. So I'll cut this short. I need some time with my Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment