July 5, 2010

Monday Off

Master had me set the alarm last night for 8:30am so He could get where He needed to go to pick up the paper work for His drug test and take it to the clinic that would be performing it.

However, upon reaching said 1st destination they said that they had forgotten that just because they are open today doesn't mean everyone else is. Sure enough the clinic to do His pre-employment drug test was closed today. So they asked Him to come back tomorrow.

So we headed right back home. I completely understand the misunderstanding on their part, as all my previous jobs have been open the day after the 4th of July, but it was still irritating to a point. I wish they had called Him, but perhaps they did not realize their error until after He was already there. They seem like really nice people there, from what Master has told me . Hopefully He will still be starting the job on time, which would be this Thursday.

On one hand I want Him to start ASAP, on the other it would be easier if He didn't start work until next Monday since the driver of my carpool is off this Thursday and Friday. But either way, at least He'll be working soon! He is extremely anxious to start work as well. He's been talking about how much He wishes He was going to work tomorrow on and off through out the day. :-) Poor Hubby.

His mother had called because she wanted to know about this job that Master is taking the pre-employment drug test for. But since she didn't understand some of the "lingo" she put her husband on and Master told him, who in turn dumbed it down for Master's mother. She's not a stupid woman, as far as book smarts go. But when it comes to blue collar work or anything remotely blue collar related she suddenly becomes dumb as an ox.

Me? I'm a blue collared girl at heart. But I have a white collar job. I hold a lot of respect for people who do blue collar work.

Then there is my own anticipation for news at my job. I am trying to remind myself that I won't have an answer to my transfer request ready and waiting for me when I arrive tomorrow morning. I know this. But it doesn't stop the butterflies from being in my stomach. I know that until I have my answer, that I will be anxious every minute of every hour that I am at my job. Hoping, and waiting, for a phone call or an e-mail asking me to come to her office.

However I will have to resist the urge to contact her frequently regarding it. The last thing I want to do is seem like a pest about it. Pestering people "above" me at my job scares the hell out of me. I'm always worried that they'll get irritated with me, which does not make for a long career. At least those are the thoughts in my head on the matter. Especially since this person is basically 2nd in command of the whole company. She handles the hiring and firing, obviously. So the last thing I want to do is get on her bad side. Although honestly she seems to like me. So that's a good thing.

And now I'm just running myself in circles, thought wise.

I will eagerly be awaiting an answer from her, as well as a phone call from Master tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment