July 1, 2010

Thoughts

Well, at work recently two people in my department have been talking about the possibility of switching departments within the company. I had never even thought of it before. I mean, my job isn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination. But it gets boring at times, and other times it's just down right frustrating because it's like I have nothing to talk about when I get home and Master asks me how my day went, unless it's drama that occurs with my coworkers.

One of the people in my department decided to not change, and just asked for more work since she's bored 85 % of the day. The other one? She's not to sure what she wants to do.

But it got some thoughts swimming around in my head. First I know people in other departments (one department in particular that I'm interested in) makes more money than I do. Maybe not a lot more, but every bit helps. Also I think it would be interested to change things up a bit.

So this evening I got home from work and after we were done running errands and eating dinner I talked to Master about the possibility of me asking our business manager to consider me for a different position within the company. He said if I thought it would be best, He is all for me going for it! So I'm going to talk to her tomorrow! Yay!

It's of course not a guarantee that I'll get the position I want, but it's worth a shot and it wouldn't put my current job in jeopardy. So really, there is no losing in this.

Also Master got a call from the place He had interviewed at last week. They said that they should have His background check results tomorrow morning, and if all is well they'll have Him go in for a drug test. Once that step is completed He would be starting next Thursday! Wonderful news!

Let's hope that everything starts falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment