July 9, 2010

I Love Having Fridays Off

I really, really do. I wish that I could do it more often! I didn't sleep in much though. Normally on a work day I get up somewhere between 5:30 and 6:10am. It mainly depends on if the dog lets me sleep until my alarm goes off, which is at 6:10am, or if he decides he has to pee before that.

But since Master didn't have to go to work until 9am, and I had the day off, we didn't get up until 7:30am. The dog actually let us sleep that late! I was a bit surprised to be honest with you. But since the lines are always so long at our local gas station before 10am, and we really needed gas in the car, I got up with Master when His alarm went off. While He was getting ready for work I hopped in the car, went down to the gas station, put gas in the car and picked up a few other things that we needed.

Master then headed off to work. I thought about trying to go back to sleep, but apparently my body decided that I should be awake. I didn't even bother to lay back down. I knew I wasn't going back to sleep.

So I spent some quality time with the Radar puppy. Him and I don't get a lot of just me and him time. So I enjoyed that quite a bit. :-) It was a special treat for both of us. We played fetch and I got some new pictures of him using Master's fancy digital camera. Then Radar decided it was nap time.

So I cleaned up my corner in the bedroom and paid our monthly bills. Then I talked to my mom for a little while. After that I started watching the 1st season of The Tudors on Netflix again. I love The Tudors. Master I think is a little burnt out on it, but I can't get enough of it. So I watched a couple of episodes and then decided I should stop being lazy.

I then tackled the kitchen counter. It is usually a catch all for things when we get home. It becomes cluttered pretty quickly. So I put everything away, cleaned the counter, did the dishes, cleaned the sink and then reorganized the counter.

Much to my pleasant surprise Master came home just as I was finishing up with the sink. They had been let out early today as their trainer was called out to a job site.

So I finished what I was doing and relaxed with Him. We then took Radar to a local pet store and picked up a harness for him. He has scared us a good three times by pulling a Houdini trick and getting out of his collar. This is regardless of the fact that his collar is snug and we can't pull it over his head. *shrugs* No idea how he does it, but we didn't want it happening anymore. There is no way for a dog to get out of a harness short of chewing through it. So we decided to get that. We found one with Jolly Roger on it, just like his collar, and they also had a matching leash! I was grinning from ear to ear when we bought it. He looks slick!

We went home and Master and Radar stayed at home while I ran to a different store and picked up a few more things that we needed. We have more errands to run tomorrow, but that's okay. It'll give us something to do. :-)

It's been a great Friday! I hope the rest of the weekend is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment