July 20, 2010

Patience

... is not always a virtue of mine.

I haven't heard anything back yet on the whole transfer thing. I haven't e-mailed, asking about it either. It has been sorely tempting however.

But I'm sticking to my guns on this whole waiting until next week thing. Hopefully I hear something before that, but who knows.

I didn't sleep well last night. It was one of those nights that I couldn't get comfortable, and when I did drift off to sleep I only slept for an hour or two before I woke up for some stupid reason or another and then laid there waiting to drift back off into dream land.

Although honestly I haven't been dreaming much either. In fact, not at all, which is kind of odd for me.

In other news, Master had a talk with the guy who hired Him today. He had been told by a coworker that they had to pay for the gas in the company vehicles. Master didn't take this at the coworkers word, and mulled it over over the weekend.

Today he sat down and talked with the supervisor. It turns out that yes, you do have to pay for the gas in the company vehicle and no, there is no reimbursement of any kind. He asked why He had not been told that in the interview, or prior to being hired. He also asked why He had not been told He would have to purchase $250 + worth of tools before accepting the job. The supervisor basically ignored those questions, blowing past them.

On top of this news, along with the fact that He would be sent up to Madison, down to the Illinois border, etc.. all while paying for gas in their truck, we also learned that since he would be paid "piece meal" pay, rather than hourly, if a customer wasn't home when He showed up to do cable installation, he didn't get paid at all. Never mind this could very well be a job that is a two hour drive one way, there would be no pay since nothing had been done.

From other things told to Him by coworkers, this seemed rather frequent. Hell during Master's three days of on the job training, that happened to them 5 or 6 times.

After learning other things, that I won't bore you to tears with, it basically sounded like that you had to set aside a good chunk of your paycheck to make sure you had gas in the company vehicle. You weren't allowed to take the company vehicle home, so not only are you putting gas in that, you're also putting gas in your own personal vehicle to get to and from work.

As I said, there are other things that He learned that I'm not going into details on. But we had discussed this, and more, over the past four days that He had off work, and decided that if His supervisor confirmed these things, He wouldn't be able to continue working there. Finances being a major part of it. His supervisor did in fact confirm all these things, and so Master resigned.

I have never had a job where I had to pay for anything more than maybe part of my uniform, and of course gas in my car to get there and back.

So basically they didn't tell Him about having to put money into the job by buying tools, and didn't tell Him He'd have to put gas in their trucks with no reimbursement.

So Master is job hunting again. Let's hope He finds something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment