May 5, 2010

SIGH

Today at work V did not come in, again. For those of you playing at home, this makes the third day in a row.

One of her work buddies that she actually talks to outside of work told me that V was in the hospital for the past two days for dehydration. The fuck? How is it that you're held in the hospital for two days for dehydration?! The only people I've heard of doing that are celebs. *shakes head*

Anyway, it seems like every time she takes more than a day off there is some medical reason behind it, but not always the paper work to back it.

Whatever.

I talked to my trainer today and she told me that if V actually fucking comes to work tomorrow I should just forget entering the invoices I have, cut the checks for the vendors, and then focus on entering the back log of invoices thanks to V's absence. That actually helps relieve some of the stress.

Although honestly with all of my work piling up around me while I do V's job I started to feel extremely overwhelmed and was about ready to cry. Thankfully since I detest crying in front of people that aren't my Husband, I was able to hold it back.

I don't just cry when I'm sad or upset. I cry when I'm frustrated and/or pissed off. This time it was frustration.

But then one of my coworkers came up to me and said, "Thanks for all of your hard work. You're doing a great job!"

The work I do directly effects her ability to be productive. So that really meant a lot to me. That made me feel ten times better. I'm still hoping that V gets replaced soon, of course. And honestly even if she is there for a while longer I hope my supervisor switches me back to checks ASAP rather than invoices. That way if she takes a day off, it doesn't affect me.

I have been extremely stressed out this entire week, and it's catching up with me. I feel dead on my feet one minute and then wound up the next. Like ready to scream and/or burst type wound up. This is what happens when I get stressed out for an extended period of time. I just start cycling in between those two extremes until I finally crash and burn. My job may not sound stressful, but believe me it can be.

Master had a job interview today. It sounds like it went well, so here's hoping! He is having lunch with His father tomorrow. I wish I could go too! But unfortunately since it's lunch rather than dinner I will be at work. I understand that His dad has a time schedule to keep to (he's retired but has two underage kids at home) so these things can't always be planned so that I can go too.

I really enjoy spending time with His dad. He's a pretty cool guy. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment