May 15, 2010

Our Day With Master's Daughter

Master and I got up with the alarm this morning. Shortly after we were ready, we headed out the door. We hit the gas station and then headed out. It took a little over an hour to get out to where she is, but it was a really beautiful drive actually. That's the one thing that really sucks about living in the city. The view doesn't change much. More bars, more businesses, more bullshit. But out in the county? Animals, trees, some really beautiful houses... etc.

When we got there we went inside and talked with her adopted father for a while. He's a really nice guy. We also met their dogs and other animals. It's nice to see that they are animal lovers, like Master and I are.

Then Master, myself, and His daughter hopped into the car and we headed down to a wildlife preserve. We all had a great time, and I'm sure she enjoyed it as much as we did.

From there we went to lunch, where I discovered that since I normally don't eat a full lunch.. my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Oh well. At least I ate something. We hit a book store and the mall after that.We bought her a book that she wanted, and Master found a couple of books as well.

We brought her back to our apartment so she could meet Radar. She thinks he's adorable. (Because he is!)

At that point it was about 4:30pm. We had picked her up a little after 10am, so we had basically the entire day with her.

We got her home safe and sound, and talked with her adopted father a little more before leaving.

Master and I both had a great time and it seems that she likes me quite a bit, which is great!

Actually I'm honestly surprised by how well we got a long. But both her and I are coming at this as more of a "Let's be friends!" perspective. So there is none of that weird, you're learning who your bio-dad is and also have to get used to the idea of a woman who is married to him trying to be some type of authority figure.

I so do not want to be any sort of authority figure to her, and neither does Master. Neither of us have that right, and neither of us have that "need". We just want to be her friend and be there for her. Her adoptive parents are the authority figures and we know that. And they are great parents. They really are. Master's daughter has grown up to be quite the young lady! She has a clear plan for her future and has a good head on her shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment